Friday, 4 October 2013

September Empties!

Wow it's officially October, meaning less than three months til 2014! I can't wait until this month is over as it means no more uni (!), aside from exams, and I'm also heading down to Melbourne in exactly two months for a weekend getaway to celebrate my 21st. If you're from and have been to Melbourne, please recommend me some must-go places :)

Quite frankly, with my return to blogging, I don't know where to begin or what to post - I feel so unorganised. To keep things rolling I will start by doing another empties post; nothing much this month as I haven't been using many products but something is better than nothing :)


To start off with this month's list, we have...

Trilogy: Active Enzyme Cleansing Cream
I love the light and creamy texture of this cleanser and furthermore it did not irritate my skin at all. On the packaging is says "age proof" but I can't comment whether it actually is or not. I did not take note of whether my complexion was smoother and brighter after using this though.
Repurchase? No

Pure Fiji: Hydrating Body Lotion (Coconut)
Wasn't partcularly fond of the coconut scent although I did like how fast absorbing this was. On top of that there was no greasy feeling afterwards, which is always a bonus for me, and my skin felt moisturised enough.
Repurchase? No

Swisse: Body Wash
For some odd reason the scent reminds me of lemonade just a tiny bit. This body wash lathers well and it left my skin feeling moisturised and slippery smooth after every shower.
Repurchase? No

My Beauty Diary (我的美麗日記): Strawberry Yogurt Amino Acid Cleanser
MBD is a Taiwanese skincare brand famous for their cute and affordable face masks. This product took me forever to finish because I was always using it on and off... To start off, this cleanser contains tiny, tiny beads to help exfoliate (although I didn't feel anything...) and the texture is very foamy. It felt gentle on the skin and didn't dehydrate it at all. Two things that put me off the most were: (1) the scent - it smelt very artificial and nothing like strawberries; (2) the packaging - although a spatula was provided, a big no no!
Repurchase? No


Goldwell: Dual Senses Rich Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
Royal Moroccan: Moisturising Shampoo & Conditioner (Platinum Series)
I don't quite remember how my hair felt for each product though I did like using both of these. Nothing amazing I suppose but I was expecting more from the Royal Moroccan ones as it is made for dry and coloured hair. Of the two I remember I preferred Goldwell but I don't remember why! Oops.
Repurchase? No


Etude House: Gingko Lip Area Patch
In reality, when you apply this, it looks like you have a small beard going on. There was no noticeable scent nor was it dripped in essence although it did make my skin feel cooler or some sort of tingly sensation. It adhered really well although there was no noticeable brightening effect.
Repurchase? No

Tony Moly: Intense Care Snail Eye Mask
The area around my eyes were not exactly 'dry' to begin with so I don't think using this at the time was very effective. However it did actually feel relaxing to use and more hydrating, though the biggest problem for me was it did not adhere well and kept sliding off.
Repurchase? No


La Fresh: Waterproof Makeup Remover
The scent was somewhat herbal and reminded me of the Aveda Invati Shampoo & Conditioner. I didn't notice any huge difference between this and normal makeup removers, therefore finding it quite average. However the size of this wipe, which is made for eyes and lips, was huge.
Repurchase? No

Montagne Jeunesse: Passion Peel Off (Pomegranate & Passion Flower)
First of all the smell of this mask was a major turnoff for me which I don't know how to describe. And second of all, it was messy to use and a pain to remove if your hair gets caught. The only novelty of this is the mask dries up and you can peel it off when it's dry instead of rinsing it off.
Repurchase? No

Wotnot: Facial Wipes (not pictured)
My favourite facial wipes! I've mentioned about these face wipes several times and they are the best. A bit expensive so I want to look for some other alternatives that are just as good. Any recommendations?
Repurchase? Maybe

Lush: Snow Globe Soap (not pictured)
My favourite limited edition soap bar that is only available during Christmas (I think)! The citrusy scent smells so divine and pleasant to the nose. It's a shame it's not always available and I find that Lush soap bars dissolve faster than normal soap bars meaning more money spent :(
Repurchase? Maybe

I guess I won't be repurchasing any or most of the products from last month's empties. Once again I hope to finish more products next month and now to decide what I should post about next time :)

Have you tried any of these products?

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!

13 comments:

  1. great work finishing up all those products! I've been trying to use up a heap of samples, as I have accumulated so many. I actually like the peel-off mask, but you're right that it's a pain to remove if your hair gets caught in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything on here, but it's nice you're getting through products. I have yet to post any kind of empties anything, lol. What an awesome trip to look forward to! I'd love to go to Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. an empties post is defs a nice way to ease back into blogging :)

    i was looking at the yogurt cleanser. dont remember if it was you or someone else that did a review on it. i was really intrigued b/c i highly regard MBD masks and was curious about their other products. too bad about the scent and consistency though.

    lol i dont konw why im so ready to use a full face mask but think that lip 'masks' and eye masks are weird. but i do!
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really like the peel-off mask. I couldn't get it all peeled off once it dried up, had to wash my face again.. may as well put on a wash-off mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive only tried the tony moly snail mask from here but i bought the full face one which also takes care of the eye area already :) I use it the night before i have a special event because Ive noticed it made my skin look super fresh and healthy the next day

    ReplyDelete
  6. MBD face masks smell amazing! I wish every company supplied spatulas to go with whatever comes in a tub. Yay for coming back to blogging! Not sure how late I am in noticing the new blog banner and slight changes to layout, but it looks great :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I've been really trying to finish up all these samples I've accumulated that I was actually contemplating on cancelling my beauty box subscriptions to avoid receiving more samples... I didn't like the peel-off mask mainly because the smell put me off so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find that when I write any empties post, it motivates me more to use up more products as I have a whole bunch of unused ones! I've always wanted to go on a trip to Melb for a long while since I haven't been there for over ten years so I don't remember anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha taking selfies with the lip mask on can be quite fun :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must have been someone else since this is the first time I've mentioned MBD on my blog :) The yogurt cleanser was one of the first products I purchased from them as I was curious but I think I will stick to using their face masks.


    I agree! It's more beneficial and easier to just use a full face mask but I guess not everyone needs to pamper their whole face :S I bought these two out of curiousity

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's weird! Mine peeled off so easily once it was dried. Either way, I didn't like using it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo I should try their snail masks then! The results sound very promising but I do find that my skin looks so much better after using any snail product.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only ever tried their of their masks; some strawberry one, chocolate truffle(?) and the one with macarons! They all smell so yummy ^_^
    & thank you! I only changed my layout a couple of days ago, kudos to Rockaboo Design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)