Also, I apologise in advance if the photos are of poor quality. I was testing out the camera of my new phone and I was sort of a bit lazy to grab my dslr. For reference, I have applied two coats of each polish.
- The first two shades are from Etude House's Rose Flowering Nails in #2 Velvet Rose. Both shades have a nice matte finish, dry relatively quickly and are already opaque after just one coat although I've applied two coats for this. The first shade is actually a deep burgundy red while the second shade is a dusty pink barely noticeable shimmer. In the nail pack, you also receive lace nail stickers however I find them annoying when applied as they fray easily and feel gross.
- The next two features Etude House's Bling in the Sea Sparkling Nails in BBL601 Tear of Mermaid, by itself and over a black base. This is a beautiful glitter flakie which I find works best over a black base. Even though the finish looks a bit ugly in my photo, add a top coat and they could really look like a mermaid's tears - whatever that is! Under different lighting the flakie will look like a different colour. As I find with some of Etude House's clear base glitter polishes, the formula is a bit 'gloopy' but still very easy to work with.
Below is a photo of how Tear of Mermaid appears on a different coloured base.
- From Etude House's Dear My Party Nails we have PPK001 Prom Queen which is a glitter polish over a baby pink base. You will need at least two coats as the first coat is quite sheer. Although in my photo it looks a bit sheer even for two coats, it's actually more opaque in real life. There are glitters of all different colours and sizes so it literally looks like a part (or confetti) on your nails.
- Next from Etude House's Ice Cream Nails collection is OR202 Sweet and Sour Peach which is a creamy peachy orange shade. I realised I don't have any orange shades in my collection so I decided to go with a pastel shade to start off and experiment whether I like oranges or not.
- The next two shades are from Duri, which I received from my September Lust Have It. On the left we have 599 Call Me Maybe and on the right is 112S Pie in the Sky Green. Pie in the Sky Green is true to colour in the photo however Call Me Maybe is like a much brighter, more fluoro version of Sweet and Sour Peach. The formula for both is a bit runny for my liking but workable.
Do you own any of these polishes? Which one is your favourite?
That's all I have for today's post! I hope you ladies are having a lovely weekend so far :)