Saturday, 12 October 2013

Nail polish swatches: Etude House & Duri

It's been so long since I last posted anything nails related therefore today's post is nails related! Today I have for you swatches of the Etude House nail polishes I purchased from Gmarket and the two Duri polishes I received in my September Lust Have It.

Also, I apologise in advance if the photos are of poor quality. I was testing out the camera of my new phone and I was sort of a bit lazy to grab my dslr. For reference, I have applied two coats of each polish.

  • The first two shades are from Etude House's Rose Flowering Nails in #2 Velvet Rose. Both shades have a nice matte finish, dry relatively quickly and are already opaque after just one coat although I've applied two coats for this. The first shade is actually a deep burgundy red while the second shade is a dusty pink barely noticeable shimmer. In the nail pack, you also receive lace nail stickers however I find them annoying when applied as they fray easily and feel gross.
  • The next two features Etude House's Bling in the Sea Sparkling Nails in BBL601 Tear of Mermaid, by itself and over a black base. This is a beautiful glitter flakie which I find works best over a black base. Even though the finish looks a bit ugly in my photo, add a top coat and they could really look like a mermaid's tears - whatever that is! Under different lighting the flakie will look like a different colour. As I find with some of Etude House's clear base glitter polishes, the formula is a bit 'gloopy' but still very easy to work with.

    Below is a photo of how Tear of Mermaid appears on a different coloured base.

  • From Etude House's Dear My Party Nails we have PPK001 Prom Queen which is a glitter polish over a baby pink base. You will need at least two coats as the first coat is quite sheer. Although in my photo it looks a bit sheer even for two coats, it's actually more opaque in real life. There are glitters of all different colours and sizes so it literally looks like a part (or confetti) on your nails.
  • Next from Etude House's Ice Cream Nails collection is OR202 Sweet and Sour Peach which is a creamy peachy orange shade. I realised I don't have any orange shades in my collection so I decided to go with a pastel shade to start off and experiment whether I like oranges or not.
  • The next two shades are from Duri, which I received from my September Lust Have It. On the left we have 599 Call Me Maybe and on the right is 112S Pie in the Sky Green. Pie in the Sky Green is true to colour in the photo however Call Me Maybe is like a much brighter, more fluoro version of Sweet and Sour Peach. The formula for both is a bit runny for my liking but workable. 
Do you own any of these polishes? Which one is your favourite?

That's all I have for today's post! I hope you ladies are having a lovely weekend so far :)

19 comments:

  1. fav has got to be prom queen! it just looks so fun.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... it's some really nice colors! I love all colors on the etude house one <3

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. TriedandTestedBlogger13 October 2013 at 13:58

    These are all such pretty colours, perfect for Spring/Summer, I really like the Etude House's Rose Flowering Nails because they're not super matte, matte shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! :) I have never tried Etude House's nail polishes. I guess these are something I would try next time I buy something from Etude. By the way, your photos turned out great! What camera phone are you using?

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous collection of nail colors. I've never tried Etude House polishes but they make the prettiest shades.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm more of a matte nail polish kinda girl, but this new trend of lighter nail polish with sparkles has really gotten me excited! hahah :D never tried etude nail polish before but definitely tempting, especially from your swatches above ^_^

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally I love their ice cream range while I think it's the most popular, but then I do kinda like their tear of mermaid one ! quite versatile while that's probs why I like it :3 but sad that's it's gloopy :c

    http://krystallvl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the combination is quite cute as well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Etude House makes some really nice shades most of the time, in such cute packaging as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually in the midst of experimenting with colours to wear in prep for spring / summer ^__^ I actually love matte polishes for some reason but I'm not sure how matte, matte can get :S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would have loved to see you do some crazy nail art with these shades!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be sure to check it out, thanks Katherine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quality of Etude polishes are actually pretty good, aside from their glitter clear base polishes which I find a bit gloopy.


    & I'm using the Galaxy Note 3! :) I did photoshop these photos a bit to make it more true to colour but they did turn out quite nice

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should definitely try them if you ever have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sort of prefer matte polishes over glossy as well, though I've always been a fan of glittery nails of any sort :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish they still had the glitter polishes from their ice cream collection. They were so pretty but now they only have the cream shades :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to find another beauty blogger like me. Good quality posts :D

    http://yasminesbeautifullife.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)