Sunday, 6 October 2013

Lust Have It: FaB Box - September

Lust Have It recently unveiled their newest FaB boxes, where FaB stands for fashion & beauty, and which they deem to be "the most exclusive fashion and beauty box". They are available for $35 per month and aim to provide the latest and most on-trend fashion and beauty pieces. Each month you will receive 5-6 items in your box I believe, where three of them are fashion related.

Image from Lust Have It website
The first edition of the FaB boxes received mixed reviews and I'm a bit unsure as to how I feel about paying $35 per month if LHI keeps up like this. To find out what I received, if you haven't already, continue reading! :)

FaB Mint Green Watch RRP $29.95
I am loving the mint green shade with the rose gold detailing and I was quite surprised it fit nicely around my small wrist. The straps are made of silicon and the back is stainless steel. It operates on quartz movement, and makes the loudest ticking noise which is currently driving me cray cray. In terms of quality, this product would have to be my biggest disappointment. My watch arrived scratched already, which goes to show how easily it can be damaged, and the top and bottom pusher buttons don't even work (though I'm not too sure if they're supposed to) thus the three subdials cannot be adjusted. I also have to be careful when setting the time or else the crown will fall off... Oh and also, after reading Jac's blog, it's available on Ebay for one-tenth of the listed RRP.

UPDATE: LHI was nice enough to send me a replacement watch! No scratches on it, no ridiculously crazy ticking noise and crown (middle button) seems to be in tact. The other two buttons still don't work but I'm happy now that the new one is more silent :)


DURI Nail Enamel RRP $18 each, 15ml
Probably the most exciting products in the box, being the nail polish lover I am. I have never heard of this brand before and believe that $18 is quite unreasonable unless the quality is exceptionally well. The colours are perfect for Spring and I can't wait to try them! Hopefully they don't disappoint...


FaB Tassel Necklace RRP $19.95
The peachy coral colour is so pretty and goes so well with the gold however I don't think I can find myself wearing this. I'm not a fan of tassels and I cannot imagine how painful it would be trying to untangle this if it were to be tangled.


Lust Have It! Limited Edition Tote Bag RRP $12.95
To be honest I don't think a tote bag is 'fashion' worthy material, or at least to be included. It's simply a plain woven bag with a colourful design printed on, which feels very plastic-y. Anyone could make this with the right materials; heck I remember making a drawstring bag back in high school with a printed design. Oh and I'm sure many people would have enough tote bags already, let alone adding another one to their collection.


FaB Aztec Print Scarf RRP $24.95
The vibrant colours and aztec print of this scarf is so eye catching! It feels very soft and lightweight however it's way too long and wide for my liking as a scarf so I have no idea how I'm going to wear it. To get an idea on how big this actually is, it's bigger than my computer table :S


And that concludes the first edition of Lust Have It's FaB boxes. I'm probably part of the minority of those who weren't a fan of the box and wouldn't pay $35 for. Lets hope that their next box will be more successful as I would not mind paying an extra $5 and opt for Her Fashion Box instead for more and better products.

What are your thoughts on LHI's new FaB Box?

And for some of those in Australia, don't forget about daylight savings meaning set your clocks forward an hour! Hope you're having a lovely Sunday ladies ~

24 comments:

  1. I actually really liked the look of the products in this box! And wow, the Duri nail enamels are $18 each?! o.o Pretty pricey if you specifically buy them...
    I'd have to say that the Fab watch is my favourite, I love the colour - but meh! Crazy loud ticking noise, subpar quality and it's on ebay for a few bucks? I might just pick it up only for the colour, probably something of an impulse, "one time use" thing. xD
    Thanks for the review, Louise! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow everything is freaking gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering its the first box, I would've expected something with a little more of a wow factor esp to get people to sign up etc. The scratched watch is such a disappointment! Hopefully next month's box is better because you could buy so much better stuff youd actually use with that $35 imo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MyBeautyJunction6 October 2013 at 19:50

    I don't think you're in the minority - I've read two more reviews where people weren't happy. Did you tell them your watch arrived scratched and the buttons don't work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! I wasn't overwhelmed by it either. I thought this month's HFB outperformed the FaB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those nail polish colours are lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. floralchaos.blogspot.com6 October 2013 at 22:51

    The nail polish colours are lovely, though I'd probably rather wear them in summer than in autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loz suggested wearing the scarf as a wrap/sarong over your swimmers. My watch doesn't make a loud ticking noise, sounds like along with the scratch might be something wrong with your watch. I picked up two more from ebay, a pink and a purple one, cost me a whole $7. Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. there seems to be a theme with the colors :D and it's such a shame the watch isn't good quality :o it's so cute! the scarf is gorgeous as well c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. you got some really cute items in your box! It does look good in the photos, but it sucks that the quality of the items weren't the best. I would be pretty angry about the watch situation if it was me though. I could probably deal with the scratch, but the ticking would annoy the heck out of me!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lily@lilynotlouse.blogspot.com7 October 2013 at 11:51

    I am really not keen on this box. Other than the nail polish, nothing really floats my boat. The tote looks like those $1 bags you can when grocery shopping

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg! How could they send a scratched damaged watch! The only thing that Iliked were the polishes.. Other than that all the stuffs are so-so.. Definitely outworn $35!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Initially I really liked the look of the products but now I'm just a bit 'meh' with the quality. But yes, the Duri ones are so expensive! I would rather opt for Essie or something, or a well known drugstore brand. Oh and initially the watch was my favourite but the quality cannot be dismissed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yess, the colours of everything is perfect for summer / spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree! I was expecting more wow for $35 and I'm hoping they will do better in the next month or two or else I'm going to unsubscribe. I've been lusting over the Wantable boxes - it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's good to know I'm not the only one! And yes, I've contacted them about the watch and they're hoping to send me a replacement soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always liked HFB but I unsubscribed cause I thought it was a bit pricy initially but if it's going to be a $5 difference then I don't mind resubscribing to them again. Either that or sign up for a Wantable box :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colours are lovely, except appear much brighter out of the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's spring here in Australia so it's not a problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that's a great idea; it would look perfect :D I don't know but maybe it just seems loud to me because I get agitated over the smallest sounds, or maybe it's just loud compared to my other watches. Hahaha imagine if you bought the watches for the retail price listed on LHI.... eep

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it would have been a pretty decent box if it wasn't for the products weren't so overpriced. I never reach for scarves either unless it's winter, but this one is so gorgeous but a bit too big

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes! The colours go so well together for summer and spring. And I knoww, I really liked the watch but the quality was just a bust for me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree! I'm not a fan of tote bags but they're thinking of scraping the idea in future boxes to add more products in.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not sure if it got damaged during transit though but if it did, poor quality! I think my favourite would also have to be the polishes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)