Friday, 6 September 2013

Collective Beauty Indulgence

In the last couple of weeks or so I've been making a few purchases here and there and I wanted to share with you what I purchased! If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you would probably know what some of these are, but if you don't... well why aren't you (?) and surprise! Sadly I haven't had the opportunity to use any of these products yet since I'm trying to use up all my other products first. Do you ever get these sudden urges of wanting to purchase something and when you do purchase it, they just end up being put aside because there are all these other products you need to finish? In addition to these mini purchases I also have two another big hauls I want to share with you guys.

First off, I will start with the items I purchased from Priceline. Recently Priceline had a 50% off sale off Maybelline products and I tried to take that opportunity to purchase the new Dream Pure BB Cream. As I don't have the time to go in-store, and they're usually out of stock anyways, I placed an order online. If you follow me on Twitter you would already know about my mini rant and disappointment with the customer service of Priceline, and how things were dealt.

In summary the Dream Pure BB Cream was listed as in stock on their website and that was the main reason why I placed an order, along with three other items to make up for shipping costs. The next day Priceline had tweeted that the bb cream was in stock again so I was positive I would be receiving it. Two days later I received an email saying it was out of stock as well as another item AFTER my order had been despatched. I made a complaint to Priceline's Facebook AND Twitter and asked if I could cancel my order since there was no point but they were utterly useless and simply told me to call customer service. After calling them, I was told I wouldn't be able to cancel my order but I could return it HOWEVER I would not be able to receive a full refund (including shipping) because I changed my mind. Regardless, Priceline STILL had the bb cream listed as in stock at that time and the next day which is so misleading! I did not want the remaining items simply because it wasn't worth it including shipping and I could have just bought the items in store. Am I being unreasonable here?

St Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub | Maybelline Colour Show Nail Lacquer in Orange Fix 220 and Blue Freeze 350 | Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
 I purchased Orange Fix for $2.97 RRP $5.95 and Stay Matte Powder for $10.36 RRP $12.95 online and shipping costs $5.95 so essentially I paid more than the full priced combined, who wouldn't be angry? 

Samples to make up for my OOS items? USELESS.
That will be all on my little rant about Priceline. Moving on...


My uncle recommended me to use Mane n Tail Shampoo and Conditioner while I was overseas as he was raving about how he recommended the products to his clients who were experiencing hair loss and after using this their hair grew back. Another name for this, or what I like to call, is horse shampoo (also for humans)! I was curious as to how well it performs so I purchased this on Ebay.


And finally, for the longest time, I have wanted to try Soap and Glory products since I am always reading positive reviews on people's blog. I didn't know which products I wanted to invest in first so I opted for the Soaper Heroes Gift Set. It contains five travel sized items and my bf was nice enough to buy it for me! This retails for $34.95 and you receive Clean On Me 75ml, Flake Away 50ml, Righteous Butter 50ml, Girligo 100ml, and Hand Food 50ml.


A while back I also won a giveaway hosted by Elisa and sponsored by Dramafever. I received my prize not too long ago and I was pleasantly surprised because I forgot about it. There were two Dramafever stickers, an iPhone5 acrylic phone case for you to decorate and a guilty pleasure box filled with the decorations and M&Ms! Unfortunately I don't own an iPhone5 but I think a customised phone case would be a nice gift :)



Have you used any of these products before?

Sorry for the super long post! I have two more hauls I want share with you - my Taobao and Gmarket hauls. Taobao might not be as interesting but I am positive you will be excited to see my Gmarket haul! :) I know I haven't posted many reviews recently though I really want to but I haven't been testing out many products recently. I am starting to get swarmed with all these uni assessments so life is pretty stressful right now and I also scored a job at Parramatta Daiso! :D

Anyways, have a lovely weekend ladies!

Don't forget to enter my HAIR2GO and MOOTTA giveaways!

11 comments:

  1. Great haul, looking forward to see when you talk more about these products!

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so regret not picking up the S&G soaper heroes set ! It has almost all the products I'd wanna try from S&G! Nice haul (:
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really nice haul dear, many interesting products.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing post!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rimmel's Stay matte powder is one of my faaavourites! It really does wonders in terms of longevity in makeup x


    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your Priceline experience! I haven't ever bought from them online before so I think I will stick to in store with them! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol that drama fever box is hilarious. i was thinking of doing a huge haul post too! i've sinned way too much these last couple of weeks and made some major purchases LOL i like to excuse myself by saying it was my birthday so i guess i'm allowed.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that's pretty poor service from Priceline - I don't think that situation would be classified as 'change of mind' since they were the ones who couldn't supply what you ordered in the first place >_<
    I'm super interested in the horse shampoo though! Will look forward to your thoughts on that ^_^
    Also excited for your Gmarket haul too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. helen at thelovecatsinc9 September 2013 at 07:09

    that is really poor service! you did get some lovely things though :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you are definitely not in the wrong! That is some trippy bad service from priceline! >< Let us know how the horse and mane shampoo is once you try it out for awhile! Would like to hear more about it! :D (Thinking about growing my hair out haha)

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd be peeved about the Priceline order too! great hauls, can't wait to hear about the horse shampoo & conditioner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)