Wednesday, 4 September 2013

August Empties

Can you believe we're in September already?! I have no idea how this year has gone by so quickly. A new month means another bunch of products I have used up the previous month. In August I seem to have finished a number of hair product samples though no make up, unsurprisingly.


Continue reading to find out what I used up in the month of August!


Herbal Essence: Hello Hydration Shampoo (Hawaiin Coconut & Orchid Extracts)
Despite having a really nice tropical scent, I did not enjoy using this. It made my hair feel drier than normal, causing the ends to be all tangled. My hair didn't have that really soft and smooth texture that I look for in shampoo and conditioners.
Repurchase? No

ICON India: Shampoo and Conditioner
I reviewed these two products on my blog a while ago here. The scent was very exotic and full of spice, something different from the usual floral or fruity hair products. Using this made my hair feel so soft and smooth; I especially liked the conditioner and I noticed an improvement in the condition of my hair especially the ends.
Repurchase? Maybe in the future

John Frieda: Precision Foam Colour Conditioner
This conditioner is for colour treated hair to help seal in the colour. I have no idea if it does what it claims but my hair did feel soft and silky afterwards.
Repurchase? No


La Roche-Posay: Effaclar Duo - Corrective and Unclogging Anti-imperfection Care
I know this product has been a lot of people's favourite but I didn't notice anything different when I used this, mainly because it's such a tiny sample and I can't assess whether it did any good for me. However I like the lightweight, non greasy and non sticky formula, and it absorbed quickly.
Repuchase? Maybe, to find out how well it works

La Roche-Posay: Effaclar - Purifying Foaming Gel
I loved using this! It's a foaming gel cleanser for oily, sensitive skin and I found it to be quite mild and gentle to use. I didn't experience any irritation nor did it strip away all the oils and it cleansed really well. Oh, and my face felt soft and supple :) It does contain fragrance but I didn't find the scent to be overpowering, unlike Avene.
Repurchase? Yes, in the future! After I use up all these samples zzz

LUSH: Happy Happy Shower Gel
If you love zesty, citrusy scents then you will love the smell of this. It lathers well, makes me feel clean and doesn't give me that really smooth / slippery feeling that I'm not used to with some shower gels.
Repurchase? No

Aveda: Invati Exfoliating Shampoo & Thickening Conditioner
Aimed to reduce thinning hair and hair loss, which doesn't concern me. I don't understand how the exfoliating works and I did not notice any difference in the short term. Not too sure if this is just a placebo affect or how I slept but my hair looked more volumised. I wasn't a fan of the scent as it smelt very herbal maybe due to the ginseng and the texture was really runny compared to regular shampoos and conditioners.
Repurchase? No


Daiso: Cotton Puff 90cs
Some random cotton pads I bought from Daiso because it was $2.80 for two boxes!! Now who would be able to resist passing up that deal? Not me.
Repurchase? Yes, when I finish my second box!


Wotnot: Natural Organic Facial Wipes
Previously mentioned these before and I still think they are the best face wipes I've ever tried.
Repurchase? Temporarily no as I still have some left

Brazilian Butterfly: Body Wash & Body Scrub
I used both these products at the same time and my skin felt so moisturised and super smooth afterwards. The body wash smelt nice and lathered well, while the granules of the body scrub weren't too rough and exfoliated well.
Repurchase? No

Libra: Hotties Heat Patch
The heat patch literally looks like a pad... Anyways, when you remove the heat patch from the sachet it warms up within minutes requiring nothing but air. It literally stays warm for well over 8 hours and it helps reduce cramping. The back is adhesive so you can stick it wherever to keep that area warm without having to hold it when you move around.
Repurchase? Maybe not, it's not something I would need

Etude House: Callogen Eye Gel Patch
I wasn't paying attention to the effects when I used this so I didn't take notice of any differences before and after. However my eyes felt really relaxed.
Repurchase? Maybe

Rachel K: CC Cream Neutral
There was a lot of hype about this CC cream when LHI added sachet samples in our boxes. Despite the shade being a bit too light for me, it provided great coverage and it did oxidise a bit afterwards so it looked more natural. Staying power was great and the matte finish is a bonus for me.
Repurchase? No

Innisfree: Green Tea Seed Serum
I'm not too familiar as to what a good serum is since I only recently started getting my skincare routine together and haven't tested out any except for my Laneige one. Compared to Laneige, I found this to have a more runny consistency and felt watery when applied. It was very moisturising, absorbed quickly and it didn't give me that greasy feeling afterwards! I kind of wish the scent was a bit more like green tea as this was sort of perfume-y.
Repurchase? Maybe in the future!

How many products did you use up in August?

In the last couple of weeks (and months) I've accumulated a ridiculous amount of products from beauty boxes as well as my terrible online shopping addiction problem. Yesterday it hit me that I need to use up all these products ASAP as I have so many boxes of makeup and skincare products under my computer desk, on my table, in the bathroom and my vanity table. Do you share the same problem as me?!

Have a beautiful week everyone! :)

Don't forget to enter my HAIR2GO and MOOTTA giveaways!

9 comments:

  1. At least you're going through them! Still have to finish a bunch of stuff T_T Although, I'm glad to say that my make up remover has one use before I can bin it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same! I have an acculmation of samples/products that I NEED to use up! I'm trying not to spend money until closer to Christmas because I really don't need anything haha! But this month you used up lots so it's a great start :D

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey you've finished off sooooo much; takes me ages to use up one pot! It's you who gave me the idea of the sachet-empties lol. But then unless I use everything up, like you, I've got stuff under my desk and on the window sills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to try these :3

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must check out Daiso soon!


    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a disappointment with the hydration shampoo! :( Bit ironic huh? Those wot not wipes are the bomb I love them but they are a bit pricey for me to justify buying them regularly. Have a great week! xxxx :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just got the la roch posay purifying gel cleanser too. glad to hear it worked for you b/c im seriously banking on it for some skin troubles that i'm having recently.

    i've been witihout wifi for a week and a half! zomg i seriously have a backlog of blogs to read and comment on. have missed yours

    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, great empties! I love Lush Happy Hippy for Summertime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wondered about that lush shower gel! seems like gurus on youtube always feature them but i never understood the hype. And dang, those cotton puffs are hella affordable!! love daiso~ dont think they have it here in nyc though >< I only saw them when i went back to asia. nice haul~ keep in touch <3

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)