Sunday, 25 August 2013

TAG: My Top 5 Favourite Lip Products

Before I went a bit MIA I was tagged by the lovely Renu from My Beauty Junction to do this tag. If you aren't following her already, I highly recommend you do because she posts some amazing content and is a great supporter & friend! This tag really got me thinking because I don't really have any favourite lip products in particular... or rather, I don't know and never thought about it! Normally I use whichever lip product I can find and only when I remember (which is rarely ever). To be honest, my collection of lip products isn't all that big so I don't have much to choose from which made it a bit hard!


So what are my top five favourite lip products? (in no particular order)


1. Nivea Lip Butter
Everyone should be familiar with this product by now as it was highly raved about, even before it hit Australian shelves. This little tin smells so wonderfully sweet and delicious quite true to their 'flavour'. You receive a decent amount (19ml) for a very affordable price. It has been my saviour this winter in preventing dry lips keeping it soft and supple, even my bf likes using it! The only downsides are it's not hygienic as you need to use your fingers to apply, and in warmer temperatures this melts like crazy so you have to be careful if you don't want your fingers going swimming.


2. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector
My aunty from Canada gave me three of these and I initially underestimated them since I thought they would be like regular lip gloss. I could not be any more wrong because I LOVE using them now! From the sweet chocolatey scent, to the nourishing non-sticky non-thick formula, an added hint of shimmer and colour... umm, what isn't there to love?! The squeezy tube and sponge tip applicator makes it easier and more hygienic to apply. I am a big hater of lip glosses but this one won my heart!


3. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter
Everyone should be familiar with these lip butters by now. Despite their short wear time (about three hours), I love the smooth buttery texture and how easily they are to apply. Much more hygienic than the Nivea Lip Butters with a wider selection of colours to choose from. I also love the quilted packaging design!


4. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments
I first discovered these when Sephora was offering a free mini duo as a birthday gift with any purchase. These are nourishing, contains spf15 and apply so smoothly on the lips. The citrusy lemon scent is pleasant to the nose and I find the texture to be soft and not as greasy. That being said, in warmer temperatures this does melt which makes it a lot harder to apply and possibly break the bullet. There are several shades available to add a subtle hint of colour. However these are quite pricey for a lip balm / treatment.


5. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer
Another infamous lip product on the blogosphere. I reviewed them a while back so you can read about them if you're interested!

That was pretty hard for me cause I simply didn't know which products to choose! Each have their pros and cons in my opinion so it's hard to decide. I have been planning to do a full review of the first four products including swatches so let me know if there are any particular ones you want to read about :)

Have you tried any of these products before? What is your favourite lip product?

Feel free to do this tag if you wish! I love reading people's answers and if you do post one up, remember to link me so I can read ^^

33 comments:

  1. Some very interesting choices there. I would love to see a more indepth review of the Clarins with some swatches :o)


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. really interested in the nivea lip butters since they're supposed to smell really good :D what scent do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love rimmel apocalips n clarins one :)) they r amazing ..!!
    havent try the fresh lip treatment,, find them a bit pricey as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MyBeautyJunction25 August 2013 at 15:54

    Thank you for doing the tag and for the shoutout! I need to try those Clarins Lip Perfectors. For some reason I've been under a rock and haven't heard of those; could you swatch them sometime? What's the staying power like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. floralchaos.blogspot.com25 August 2013 at 18:31

    I love the Revlon Lip Butters, too & the Rimmel Apocalips are great, I love the colours of them! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge fan of the fresh lip treatments... and I love the scents. I think when I go to the states I'll be seeking out the lip perfectors (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Clarins lip perfectors look very pretty, love the colors that you have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those Fresh lip treatments too though those Clarins lipglosses look super yummy as well!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. These all sound like lip products I would really love to buy and try out! lol i am just like a lip balm/lip tint fanatic ^_^ I still have to find that rimmel apocalips lip lacquer next time i'm at the drugstore. good review! my favorite lip product at the moment is my burt bees in rhubarb. it has good pigmentation and easy for on the go! :) keep in touch <3

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried any of the products :( The clarins ones look like cotton candy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that sounds pretty nice, loving all the colors.
    nice blog


    Bisous from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice picks! I'm such a huge fan of the Revlon Lip Butters and I definitely have to try one of the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors. Have heard nothing but good things! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have a nivea lipbalm in my stash just itching to be opened....once i get done with the 5 other lipbalms i've got going. i'm glad your aunt got your some stuff from clarins, i really do need to try some of those out. what's your favorite color? (if you ever need canadian products, just give me a shout. i'm sure we can figure something out and i know i'd love to hear your picks of AUS products)

    ReplyDelete
  14. TriedandTestedBlogger27 August 2013 at 17:51

    Great pics! I LOVE the Nivea Caramel Cream lip butter but I agree, it's a bit unhygenic to always be sticking your finger into the tin. I also really like the Rimmel Apocolips and Revlon lip butters. The Clarins Lip Perfectors looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Revlon lip butters would have to part of my top 5 lip products as well!
    I really want to try the Clarins Lip Perfectors now! Chocolate scent? Sounds good to me ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will definitely have a more indepth on those Clarins products up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I recommend all! They legit smell really good. I have no preference

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aren't they great products? I purchased the fresh lip treatments in a trio pack so I guess it would be a little cheaper. Plus I didn't use my own money so that didn't really matter :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. No worries! I wouldn't even know about the Clarins Lip Perfectors if it wasn't for my aunt. Staying power isn't that great but I don't mind reapplying

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree, the colours are simply gorgeous and vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so sad how the fresh lip treatments are quite expensive :( I know you can definitely buy the Clarins lip perfectors in Toronto but I guess it'd be cheaper in the US :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. They're really lovely! I think there are five shades but my aunt gave me three

    ReplyDelete
  23. You should try them out when you have the chance! I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh you should really try these products out when you have the opportunity! They're probably a cult favourite of a lot of people. You get purchase the rimmel apocalips on ASOS; they should be a little bit cheaper than in store. I haven't tried any burt bees products but I've always heard good things

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww you should really try them! Grab a few when there are sales at Priceline or CWH or something :D As for the fresh lip treatments, I think they're only available in the US :/

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are really nice :) Thank you Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I instantly fell in love with the Revlon Lip Bitters when I first tried them! Likewise with the Clarins lip perfectors. I think you'll really love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Don't worry, I have a lot of lip balms lying around that I don't even stick to one hence why I found this tag difficult to write! The Nivea lip butters aren't anything *wow* but they have been my go-to this winter and smell delicious. As for the lip perfectors, my favourite shade would have to be 05 Candy Shimmer (bottom one in the pics) since it adds a bit more colour than the other two. They're all really sheer but it does give that "my lips by better" look. I will definitely keep that in mind if I ever need anything from Canada! Likewise if you are interested in any aus products, let me know :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. I know some people 'kiss' into the lip butter rather than using their fingers! Not sure which will be more hygienic...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haha it's not exactly a chocolate scent but they do smell really sweet and delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. TriedandTestedBlogger30 August 2013 at 17:19

    Hahaha, that's one of the most hilarious things Ive heard! Imagine how awkward it would be to 'kiss' it while you're in a public place or hanging with friends

    ReplyDelete
  32. I know right?! So awkward especially in public... Don't think would want to go near the lip balm afterwards hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)