Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Holika Holika - Silky Baby Foot Mask Sheet

When I was in Toronto I was super excited to see actual Korean store brands such as Holika Holika or Tony Moly. I didn't want to buy much because I was planning to go crazy in Hong Kong so on a whim I ended up purchasing the Silky Baby Foot Mask Sheet. This is not the peel-off foot mask, but simply softens and moisturises the foot. I didn't really take note of that when I purchased it as I thought it was maybe a better version of the peel off foot mask.

Quick and easy moisturising foot mask sheet, in a sock form. Multiple flower and vegetable ingredients nourish the feet, which softens them from the inside out. Your feet will feel refreshened and moisturised after one use!


How successful was I with this version of Holika Holika's foot mask sheet?

WHERE TO BUY: W2Beauty, Ebay, Koreadepart, Holika Holika (USA)

INGREDIENTS: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Mineral OIl, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Betaine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Urea, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Extract, Trehalose, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Chamomila Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Honey Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Milk Protein Extract, Salicylic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Cytearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance

PACKAGING: There is only one pair of disposable plastic socks in the packet joined together in the middle. Inside the plastic socks there is an additional layer of fabric which is soaked with the essence. Since the socks are joined together, your hands won't get wet when you're removing the socks out of the packet! :)


TEXTURE & SCENT: The essence feels like what you would expect from a sheet face mask, nothing special. As for the scent, it smells like artificial flowers (???) and I don't particularly like it but luckily it's not overpowering when in use. Sorry but I am really terrible at describing scents :(

DIRECTIONS:
1. Wash your feet cleanly and dry them
2. Divide foot mash sheet into two pieces along the dotted line; put your foot into the non-woven fabric wetted with essence and wear it
3. After wearing foot mask sheet, please massage your feet for the essence to be absorbed
4. After 15~20 minutes, remove foot mask sheet and tap remaining essence softly for absorption


RESULTS: Of course my feet felt really moisturised and hydrated right after soaking them for about half an hour (I lost track of time so I didn't follow the directions). It took a couple of minutes for my feet to dry and I don't think there was a dramatic difference though my feet did feel softer and smoother at the same time. However the effect is only temporarily - once I hit the shower (not instantly), the of essence washed off and my feet were back in their original state. Would I purchase this again? No. 

Sadly I forgot to take the before and after photos but who wants to look at my feet anyways? :P


Have you tried any foot masks before? How was your experience?

I am still on the journey of looking for an excellent peel off foot mask! There is still one more which I received from one of my beauty boxes last month which I have yet to try. Lets hope it actually works when I get around to using it!

Have a wonderful week ladies! :)

18 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely for a treat! Thanks for the review. xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame this didn't work, maybe if you exfoliated first with some salt to remove the dead skin it may have been able to absorb the moisturiser better, just like you do for your face :o)
    The best thing I have found for my feet is to slather them in vitamin e cream, wrap them in gladwrap and put socks on overnight.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... really... that's too bad. I just tried one yesterday and going to post a review about it soon. I used another brand though and actually liked it...

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in dire need of one of these as fall/winter approaches. would love to hear what works!



    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh the peel off one sort of makes me cringe. i've seen photos on blogs during the peeling process. informative...but not very sightly. lol hope you enjoyed toronto. have a feeling you went to pacific mall for this :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man my first time using this was CRAZY.

    i send so many home but
    www.mootta.com is actually selling internationally now !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope I haven't tried any footmask.
    I think it feels weird haah :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very intresting. I have never heard of this particular one but I do know of one that supposedly turns a different color once it's done ...

    If you want softer feet, what I usually do is exfoliate in the shower and than when I get out , I put pounds of vaseline on my feet and then thick socks over my feet. It works wonders!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to try this out! Seriously, I really need to moisturize my feet with some good products. My mom is even complaining about my ugly feet! Oups!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries, thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thanks for the tip! I've been trying the Burts Bees foot cream and putting socks on at night and I find my feet to be really smooth in the morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I would have liked it more if it didn't wear off that easily. Can't wait to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh if you use foot masks in winter, your feet will feel freezing cold! I think they would feel more relaxing to use in the warmer seasons :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to try those peel off masks! So cool yet disgusting at the same time hahaha. And yes, it was Pacific Mall (I had to google it hahaha) since I was staying near Markham where my relative lives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, do you mean the peeling mask? That didn't work for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha it does sort of feel weird :P sort of like wearing plastic bags on your feet hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I've never heard of ones that turn into a different colour! That sounds cool hahaha


    And thanks for the tip! I actually don't use vaseline since I'm not particularly fond of the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dearrr... why is your mum looking at your feet anyways?! Hahaha invest in a good moisturiser for feet and exfoliate :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)