Thursday, 1 August 2013

Etude House - Wonder Pore Freshner

The Etude House's Wonder Pore Freshner is a 7 in 1 toner and has been somewhat popular over the past few months. I have been using this toner for a while now and I am loving it so far. Also the product tagline is super cute - "I'm the Wonder Woman for your pores". My friend bought this for me when he went overseas a while back since it was on my wish list.


This 7 in 1 total pore solution claims to:
  • Maintain pH 4.5 ± 1
  • Refine the skin tones
  • Keep the elasticity of pores
  • Deep cleanse pores
  • Minimise appearance of pores
  • Control a large amount of the sebum
  • Moisturise inside and outside of skin

WHERE TO BUY: My friend purchased this at Etude House when he was overseas but you can find it from websites such as Ebay, Koreadepart, TesterKorea, Sasa, W2Beauty

INGREDIENTS: Water, Chrysanthekkum Indicum Extract, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Betaine, Sea Water, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Water, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Morifolium Flower Extract, Chamaecyparis Obtusa Water, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol

PACKAGING: There are three different sizes available: 25ml (sample size), 250ml and 500ml. I have the 500ml which features a pump to dispense the product while the other sizes don't. I find the pump very useful to use as it's hygienic and helps prevent using excess product. The bottle is transparent to provide a clear indication on how much you have left. Also, the cap can be unscrewed so you can pour it into smaller containers such as a spray bottle to use as a facial mist or for travel purposes.



TEXTURE & SCENT: Feels just like water except it has a very distinct alcohol scent, which may be off-putting for some and people may choose not to use it because of the alcohol.

DIRECTIONS: Soak the makeup cotton with the Freshner and wipe your face from the center of your face to the outside. With gentle patting, let the skin absorb the leftover Freshner. You can carry the Freshner in a mist type container and apply onto your skin when there is too much sebum or you have itchy feeling.

RESULTS: In the past two month or so I have been using this on most days and have noticed my pores appearing smaller but it's not a drastic difference. My face has also been less oily but this could also be due to the cold weather and it removes residue on my face that isn't even noticeable. And although it contains alcohol, it does not dry out my face and it actually feels refreshing to use. This is the first toner that didn't really sting or burn my face so I am really happy! Plus 500ml will last me forever as all you need is at most two pumps to cover the whole face.

Lately I have been using the toner in combination with Hitachi's Hada Crie Cool that my aunty purchased for me while I was in Hong Kong. I'm not sure if it's actually because of the device or the length of time I'm wiping my face but it has helped me remove so much dirt under my pores! I do plan on writing a review about this device some time in the future as I am currently trying to understand how to work this device properly and see it's long term benefits.

Excuse my dirty face!!
Have you tried the Wonder Pore Freshner?

I'm not sure if you can actually see the results from manually wiping but there is residue there, I promise! Anyways I hope you're having a wonderful week and can you believe it's August already? 

33 comments:

  1. I like the design of the dispenser. The packaging kinda reminds me of benefit packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fräulein Schnee1 August 2013 at 19:00

    I like this tone a lot. I had a travel size of it and it was really making my skin feel clearer :D I'd like to try the full size because of the dispenser. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MyBeautyJunction1 August 2013 at 19:30

    Cute packaging! Sounds like it's working with regard to pores! I'm waiting for the end of my shopping ban to go ballistic on W2Beauty. Somehow toners and I have never got along though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Louise! I've been wanting to try an Asian toner/water and this sounds like the one. I bought a small sample bottle on eBay for $2.60. I'll see how my face responds before investing in a full size. Even at age 56, I am still oily and have to use linen sheets to blot by face a couple times a day. Even though I'm still oily, the good news is, no more blemishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love products with a pump like that! My face feels ubberly oily lately. Have had to blot at least once a day this week... but that could be because of my early start since starting work (i.e. putting makeup on at 6.30am) This is going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those pumps! I could do with some pore shrinking stuff.. although I'm currently a little skeptical with trying etude house products as one of their emulsions broke me out like no tomorrow.... might look for another korean alternative though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an interesting product, but the alcohol in it would definitely put me off. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think i'll get a sample size to try it out! I really don't enjoy cleaning toners since i already do double cleansing i might be afraid of overcleansing my skin :s But this one seems quite popular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the 500ml of this as well and I am halfway through it. I love it to much I don't want to try any other toners! It keeps my face balanced after cleaning I feel a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds lovely! The reason it doesn't dry the skin out even though it contains alcohol is because of the glycerin (I feel so clever I know that! haha)! This sounds a bit like the Clarns Gentle Exfoliating lotion. xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i looked at this when i was at etude house but i thought their skin malgem ones were more appealing. i had a sample of fresh and it really worked great on me. i felt like it keep the oilies at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard so many great things about this product. Thanks for the review! It was really helpful. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the reviews! I found your blog through Soompi by the way. I'd be interested in buying this product if it wasn't for the alcohol content (I have really dry skin) but you say that it doesn't dry out your skin so maybe I'll give this a go! :)

    I followed your blog by the way. Check out and follow mine? <3
    http://carbon-and-diamonds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raimar ღ Guevara ღ3 August 2013 at 05:35

    Oh sweetie I have this product But I´m not fall in love with this because my pore looks equal. And second because I feel a sticky sensation on my skin after use and sometimes like I have sensitive skin dries my skin. But thanks for your honest review!}xx


    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review! :)


    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. all these products that you have are so cute!!! I am stuck using ones at the us drugstores hehe. i do like that it doesn't dry out your skin and that pump makes things really easy! I need to get my hands are these items haha!

    >http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you really like this toner I think the full size is the best option, not only for the dispenser but money wise as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to see your W2Beauty haul if you ever have one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. You could try blotting your face with blotting paper that has powder as well to mattify your face. Or maybe you could invest in a good primer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeeep that's so early! I think that's a huge reason why you've been blotting more often.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg :O I love Etude House products so I would be in shambles if any of their products broke me out .___. I hope your skin is better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for reading! Despite containing alcohol, I still find it a reasonably good toner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not too familiar with the Korean skincare regimen but I think they still tone after double cleansing. I think you should just find a really good cleansing instead of double cleansing to avoid overcleansing?? I prefer toning to remove any residue that may be leftover from cleansing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you've used up so much! I love how my face feels after toning as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh that's a cool fact! Thanks for sharing :D I've never tried the Clarins lotion but I will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Etude House has so many products it's so hard to keep up with what's popular, new, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay glad you found it helpful! Thanks for reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahh yes I read your review before so I was surprised you felt differently. Everyone's skin condition is different and it also depends on how long you've used the product for. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you but thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahaha I'm attracted to cute packaging so I'm grateful they actually do a good job as well. If US drugstore products were less expensive in Australia I think I would be using them.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Not a fan of the alcohol scent but I do like the pump!
    I really want to try this since it minimizes pores! :o
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello

    Nice blog .

    Love it

    www.Dressabelleballerina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)