Saturday, 31 August 2013

Clarins - Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector

After my 'Top 5 Favourite Lip Products' tag, a couple of you requested an in-depth review of the Clarins lip perfectors as I raved about how much I love these. When I hear the words "lip gloss", I associate the term with the words thick, sticky, and unnatural. And yet when I randomly decided to give these a go, none of those words associated with this lip gloss and I was in love. This product also goes by the name 'Eclat Minute' and I believe that is in French.


"A softly textured lip gel with a deliciously sweet scent and 3D shimmer. Experience the lusciously smooth, shiny and fuller lips you've always dreamed of. Sheer, but shaded enough to wear alone or complement your favourite lip shade."

How tempting does the description sound?
WHERE TO BUY: Clarins is available internationally, especially in department stores. In Australia I think they are around $26 but I'm not too sure since I received mine for free.

INGREDIENTS: Paraffinum Liquid/ Mineral Oil/ Huile Minerale, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)- Dipentaerythrityl Tetrahydroxystearate/ Tetraisostearate, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Nylon-12, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables, Irvingia Gabonensis Kernel Butter, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Parfum/Fragrance, Silica , Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Oryzanol, Tribehenin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate- Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Tri-Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopherol, BHT; May Contain: Mica, CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499/ Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 6/Red 7 Lake, CI 15985/ Yellow 6 Lake, CI 42090/ Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/ Carmine, CI 19140/ Yellow 5 Lake, CI 45410/ Red 27/ Red 28 Lake, CI 73360 Red 30 Lake, CI 17200/ Red 33 Lake, CI 45370/ Orange 5

PACKAGING: The Lip Perfectors comes in a plastic squeezy tube with a screw top lid, each of different colour corresponding to its shade. There is 12ml worth of product and it is a great companion to bring around in your bag. The sponge tip applicator allows for easy application though I don't recommend overloading too much product on it as it does get absorbed a little bit.


TEXTURE & SCENT: I believe the description from Clarins is spot on. My favourite thing about the lip perfectors and what made me fall in love is the smooth, non-sticky texture that I normally experience with lip glosses. I could not stop pursing my lips together because they felt so smooth. It does not feel thick or heavy and my lips feel moisturised for hours. It has a nice glossy finish that doesn't appear unnatural to give your lips a more fuller appearance. As for the scent - it smells so nice and sweet it's indescribable but definitely not overpowering and does not linger.

SWATCHES: If you prefer vibrant or opaque lip products then I don't recommend this as they are very sheer. The colours don't show up as well if you have more pigmented lips like I do. All of them have shimmer but it's very subtle once you smooth it out. Rose Shimmer is a light milky baby pink shade while Nude Shimmer is a light peachy pink, though both look almost identical on my lips as they're not very opaque. My favourite is Candy Shimmer; the name speaks for itself - it's a lovely candy pink and appears more opaque than the other two. These are all so suitable for an everyday 'my lips but better' look and have been my go-to lip product lately.



LONGEVITY: If you are into long-lasting lip products then I don't recommend these. Without eating and drinking, these do keep your lips feeling nourished for a good 4 hours or so. However you definitely need to reapply after a meal as they transfer a bit (not ridiculously like Australis' Pout Pastes). If you don't mind having to reapply then definitely try these!

If you're not convinced about the quality of these from my description then you should try to pop by a Clarins store to see for yourself. I loathe using lip glosses for the reasons mentioned earlier so it's a big deal to me when I do find a lip gloss that I actually like.

Have you tried these Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors before?

Hope you enjoyed reading and have a beautiful week everyone! x

Don't forget to enter my HAIR2GO Giveaway for a chance to win one of five vouchers!

40 comments:

  1. I really don't mind touching up my make up, I actually kind of enjoy it, so that's not a problem for me! These look really nice, I love Candy Shimmer!

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look similar to Loreal carisse lip gloss.. Very sheer.. Cant really tell the difference on the lips.. All colors look similar.. Might wna try just one for the formulathough
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. MyBeautyJunction31 August 2013 at 15:15

    Loving Candy Shimmer. These should be good to gloss up and subtle up some of my dry and too-dark lippies.Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great swatches I think I would go for the Candy shimmer as it seems to have more depth of colour. They all look very luscious and moisturising though.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy shimmer and rose shimmer are shades I'd grab! I must check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These really do look so lovely. Candy shimmer especially! Thanks for the in-depth review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh really lovely colors dear, my fav was Candy Shimmer so nice than is nonsticky!
    xx


    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look so moisturizing and sort of remind me of my korres jasmine lip glaze. would they be comparable? must go to clarins and give them a try
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh I love Candy Shimmer! Looks sooo creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a lipgloss kind of girl, but only a bit! Thanks for the detailed review - I may give these a try! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like candy shimmer! Haven't tried these but your review made me want to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks nice on your lips... I like the candy shimmer one!

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shades! The consistency reminds me of ELF colour lipglosses :)

    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
    BLOGGER GFC | BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  14. those are so pretty! Candy and nude shimmer are my favorites. I really hate that stick feeling from glosses as well since my hair always gets stuck in them. The formula sounds very nice though i do wish they were not as sheer. =)Thanks for this review!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound deliciously yummy! I'm not a fan of lip glosses in general but for non-sticky hydrating lip glosses like these, I'll definitely make an exception. Thanks for the great review Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yay for non sticky textures! that's a big win for me haha, might get me back into lip glosses :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that it's non-sticky. Pretty pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so pretty!

    http://herguiltypleasureblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! We have to try!!!

    What about following each other with gfc, bloglovin and facebook?

    Kisses

    Francy&Stef

    Chic With The
    Least


    Also on
    Facebook
    and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  20. these look very moisturizing! I wish the colors were more opaque considering that it comes with a huge price tag. :)

    Love,
    Maxieissuper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sometimes touching up makeup can be quite annoying if you don't have the time or it's just too much hassle. I don't think lips should be a big issue though

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never tried the L'oreal lip gloss so I can't comment if they're similar. They colours do look similar but it might also be because my lips are pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you would love them! Considering as we both hate lip glosses and I love these. No problem Renu, thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. No worries! :) Candy shimmer seems to be the most popular amongst everyone and they do make my lips feel very nourished!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You really should! They have other shades available as well

    ReplyDelete
  26. Candy shimmer would suit you so well! Thanks for reading Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for reading dear! You should try them when you have the chance, the non-sticky formula is the highlight for me

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never tried the Korres lip glaze so I can't compare :O But if you have the opportunity to head to Clarins, go check out these lip perfectors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's such a pretty colour and smells so nice ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am not a lip gloss kind of girl so I think you'll love these if you're a lip gloss girl :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahahaha, go get them! :P Or at least try

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ahh thank you! :) Candy shimmer is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh I've never tried the ELF lip glosses but hopefully will be able to one day. I tend to stray away from lip glosses but I received these as a gift, decided to use them then fell in love :O

    ReplyDelete
  34. Omg I know what you mean!! How annoying is it wearing lip gloss and every time your hair gets in the way, it gets stuck to your lips and it feels so gross aahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  35. They should make all lip glosses like these! I don't understand how people could stand wearing lip glosses that are sticky or produce them in the first place. Thanks for reading Shari!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stickiness plays a huge factor for me too when it comes to lip products :) You should try these out whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's the best having a non-sticky lip gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  38. It would be nice if they were more opaque but the purpose of them is to be sheer and natural looking on the lips, just adding a subtle hint of colour. I believe the price tag is also associated with the branding of Clarins

    ReplyDelete
  39. the lip colours are so pretty, especially the 05 candy shimmer! thank you for sharing!♡

    xoxo,
    www.whimsicalityindisguise.com
    (Join my blog International Giveaway ♡! 21 items- lots of Japanese makeup and beauty products including cosmetics from Diamond Beauty, Candydoll, Dollywink, etc!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)