Monday, 5 August 2013

Chinabuye.com

Hi ladies, long time no see :D I hope you've all been good. If you follow me on Twitter you would know that I recently joined the gym! Since I'm naturally very skinny and underweight, I wanted to tone my muscles to appear healthier but it's also an excellent way to keep fit. I guess I haven't been motivated as much since going to the gym as my muscles have been aching a lot after each session and all I want to do is lie in bed (goes to show how unfit I am)! Does anyone here also go gym or do some other exercise to keep fit?

Anyways, a bit over a month ago I was contacted by Chinabuye to write a review. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical because I couldn't find many positive reviews however as of recently there are more positive reviews so I am guessing they are striving for a good reputation. I can guarantee you that Chinabuye is a legitimate website though there is always a risk when purchasing online.


Chinabuye is very similar to Aliexpress in that they are a Chinese online retailer offering products at cheap, wholesale prices. My impression is that their main focus is on electronic gadgets and devices but they do offer women and men's clothing, hair accessories, jewellery, and more. Chinabuye also offers free worldwide shipping via Hong Kong Post Airmail unless you opt for an alternative option.

In today's post I am mainly reviewing the dress I received thanks to Jane from Chinabuye :)



As the dress did come from an Asian wholesale website, I didn't have really high expectations on what I was receiving. However when I received it I have to admit I was surprised with the overall quality and design. The dress looks true to stock images aside from the minor colour differences. There are no loose threads or poor stitching which I normally find with cheap Asian clothing. What attracted me the most about this dress is the floral print! I absolutely love floral prints because it's youthful, feminine, colourful and looks fabulous during Spring / Summer.


The only problems for me would be:
- The top is see-through however a nude bra or wearing a cami underneath will fix this
- The skirt underlining is very short and only just covers my bottom. Wearing short shorts underneath wouldn't be a problem since the dress falls nicely above my knees and perfect for my height (for reference I am 170cm)
- The waistband is actually a separate belt / cloth that you tie up. If you don't wear a belt, there is a visible elastic band which doesn't look as nice


Also, I don't think this is so much as a 'problem' but I don't particularly like the hemming of the skirt. I would prefer it to be properly hemmed and if I had a sewing machine I would be sewing away!


I am happy that Chinabuye contacted me or else I would not have known about their website and the products they offer. It is a great website for people like me who enjoy nice looking things for cheap, affordable prices. If you are unsure about purchasing from Chinabuye, they offer Paypal so you can rest assured if anything goes wrong :)

Have you heard of or purchased from Chinabuye before?

Disclaimer: Product was received for review purposes. All opinions in this review are honest and unbiased, and have not been influenced in any way.

33 comments:

  1. i haven't bought from chinabuye before. will have to check that website out and congrats on joining a gym. ever since i've started going a year ago, i've seen a major improvement in muscle tone and strength. i hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never heard of chinabuye but checking.it out now :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty skirt! Love the print :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MyBeautyJunction6 August 2013 at 02:21

    Love the skirt and the waistband! Have tagged you on a lippy post: http://www.mybeautyjunction.com/2013/08/stain-scrub-and-salve-my-top-lip.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pattern but yea that hem is a bummer, but I guess if you have a sewing machine then you can finish it easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm think I might pop over and check them out, Paypal is always a good sign because at least you can always get your money back if things go wrong.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful =) I am going to check the site now


    www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fan of floral prints as well ^_^
    I like that this looks like a two piece outfit as well! I might check them out, but Asian freesize clothing tends to be a bit tight on me >_<

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caitlin Elliott8 August 2013 at 03:38

    Love your blog!

    CaitlinSeana|thoughts&fashion♥

    http://caitlinaaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raimar ღ Guevara ღ8 August 2013 at 05:24

    I never purchase before onChinabuye but looks nice. Cute skirt sweetie!

    xx

    Join to my Giveaway for Win an Etude House CC Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous skirt!! Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Winston &amp; Willow11 August 2013 at 20:12

    I love the dress and I am glad to hear that they are legitimate. Wonderful post and hope to hear from you more often!

    Charlotte

    Website | Winston & Willow

    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  13. The name of the shop sounds dodgy to me haha but I guess the skirt is quite nice... not too fond of the wrinkled fabric and hemming though D:

    www.lacy-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the skirt part of the dress, not too keen on the sheer top though. And the hem is a little cheap looking, but that floral pattern is gorgeous! looks great on you, and for under $12 - bargain! I've never heard of the site... and cheap Asian clothing are a bit small for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with everything you've said especially the hem and thank you! That's always the downside with cheap Asian clothing, they always come in one size :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha when I found out about the website I thought they were quite dodgy as well to be honest. I'm not a fan of the wrinkled fabric either since I never iron my clothes hahah :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Charlotte! I will definitely stop by your blog more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Agreed! I can't wait to wear it in spring / summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for reading Caitlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, hi5! I find that you can never go wrong with florals and they're incredibly cute for dresses and skirts. Eeepp that's the biggest downsize about freesize clothing... they're so misleading :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you! I hope you liked their site :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely agree. Having Paypal is always reassuring incase anything goes wrong. I, myself, find asian online retailers a bit dodgy sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha too bad I don't! If I was keen enough I would properly hand sew...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Renu! Will do the tag hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay, thank you! I hope I'm dedicated about the whole gym thing considering I signed up for the 18month contract. It's quite intimidating sometimes because I'm so lanky .__.

    ReplyDelete
  26. great review, i was trying to find out if they were a legit site. so thanks for clearing that up. lovely blog as well, would love it if we could keep in touch and perhaps follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know on there if you'd like to.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very gorgeous skirt. I love floral print anything. :)


    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are very much legit, however I would still take caution incase there are mishaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Christine Müller23 August 2013 at 02:10

    Definitely going to check out the site. I love ordering stuff from China. Everything I ever ordered was very nice.

    xx Cherrycandykiss | Vodka & Candy | GIVEAWAY: GUESS & Primark

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do
    not ever buy from this company. I bought a phone for $150 from them and
    it lasted exactly 1 week. It arrived after 60 days which doesn't give
    me time to raise with Paypal. They have not answered any of my emails
    and have now banned me from their forums on their website. Please go to www.chinabuye.com and read the posts under bazza522000.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Do not buy from Chinabuye. I bought a phone from them
    for $150. It took 60 days to arrive thus negating the option of getting
    your money back through Paypal. It lasted a week and then kept stalling,
    then turning itself off and even turning itself on. I would have to
    take out the battery to make it boot every time. It was doing this up to
    20 times a day.

    Chinabuye completely ignored me. This has
    happened to thousands of buyers from reading various forums. I cannot
    afford to lose that much money because I am a pensioner. Last week the
    phone went in the rubbish,

    To all buyers...BEWARE...read all the forums.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)