Wednesday, 21 August 2013

August Lust Have It - Celebration

The second beauty box to arrive this month is Lust Have It, celebrating their second anniversary of starting the company. August also means that my annual subscription to Lust Have It ends so I won't be receiving anymore boxes as I don't plan on resubscribing. That being said, I did sign up to their new Fashion & Beauty (FaB) box at $35 per month to be launched in September! I had a hard time contemplating but I knew I would be kicking myself when I read other people's reviews.


I was very excited with the content of this month's box while reading the product card. Have a look at what I received this month! :)

Revlon - Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator
Full size - 30ml RRP $29.95
Received this in 200 Pink Light and it is a gorgeous baby pink shade full of shimmer! A little goes a long way and I would either use with as a highlighter or mixed with bb cream since it is that shimmery.

Revlon - Nearly Naked Makeup
4 x sachet samples - 30ml RRP $25.95
I was actually really excited when I saw this on the product card but was let down when I actually looked in my box. There are four sachets of different shades - Shell, True Beige, Natural Beige, and Natural Tan. I guess in this way people won't be complaining about receiving the wrong shade? :P


KMS - California Free Shape Shampoo and Conditioner
12ml sample - 300ml RRP $28.95
I only received a sachet sample of the shampoo and I'm not sure if I was supposed to receive a sample of the conditioner as well. I might sound like a broken record but isn't it better to receive both?! The 'FREESHAPE' range claims to increase manageability of your hair in prep for heat styling.

KMS - California Free Shape Hot Flex Spray
30ml sample - 200ml RRP $31.95
A styling spray that is apparently activated via heat / use of heat tools. Claims to be able to hold the shaping and elasticity until the next wash. I would have preferred to receive the volumising spray simply because I don't style my hair. Might give this a try anyways!


LUSH - Gorgeous Facial Moisturiser
10g sample - 45g RRP $74.95
Wow I would not have believed the full size product would cost $74.95 since I don't associate LUSH with that kind of price. I love LUSH products so I am hoping this will be another winner! Gorgeous is a protective vitamin filled, softening moisturiser with a combination of different organic fruit juices, and oils. However it does contain alcohol, perfume and two parabens.

Sinful Colours - Nail Enamel
Full size - 15ml RRP $4.95
Never tried nail polishes from this brand but yay, nail polish my favourite! Standard shade of red which I already have my in collection.


La Roche Posay - Thermal Spring Water
50g sample - 300ml RRP $21.95
I discovered this brand through the May Bellabox and I loved the samples I received, so I am even happier to see more products from this brand! Face mists are an excellent way to freshen up anytime, and this aims to soften and soothe the skin. It's very gentle, contains antioxidants, and made specifically for people with sensitive skin.

La Roche Posay - Lipikar Baume AP
15ml sample - 400ml RRP $37.95
This is a lipid-replenishing body balm with anti-irritation and anti-scratching properties over 24 hours. It's lightweight, fast absorbing and non-greasy which is everything I could ever ask for in a cream.


That's all I received for this month's Lust Have It! I was hoping there would be a special gift for VIP members as last year's August box contained an extra item for them. Overall a much better box than the previous months and I am very pleased! :)

What did you receive in your Lust Have It this month?

On another note if you love tea or Lipton, and you haven't seen my instagram or Facebook page, you can receive free samples of their Lipton Pyramid Teas - simply click here! I thought it would be a great idea to share with my readers since what's not to love about freebies? This is only available to Australian residents and I am in no way affiliated or have been sponsored by Lipton.


Have a lovely week beautifuls! :D

30 comments:

  1. Aww you got the red nail polish, I was keeping my fingers crossed mine wouldn't be red, I was lucky! I love red cars but not red on my skin

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. MyBeautyJunction21 August 2013 at 21:00

    Lush has a moisturiser that expensive??? I have to ask them for a sample when I go next week! You're right though - I've been seeing parabens in most Lush items (except face masks and cleansers) and am going off their creams and lotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased with my LHI box this month! a huge improvement from previous boxes, I can't wait to try everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and thank you or the lipton link!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I think I have that red polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. I can't wait so receive my August box. Thanks for sharing the lipton tea link =)
    ~ Sunshine xo.
    www.littlemissscb.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. the lush product seems really cool! i think it would be hard to put a foundation in the box but it is disappointing to get little samples :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. having that nearly naked sample is awesome! i hate that you can never really test out drugstore foundations that well and the return policies from the stores i go to are the worse. definitely have a few foundations i've only ever tried once but now have no use for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the boxes this month are all so similar yet different :) I got the dark skinlights, but I think it will be okay in the summer. Not that I like a shiny gleam anyways, sweat will give you that look for free lol. watch out with that polish, I got the same and it stains the skin!! big time, my swatch is embarrassing :D
    thanks for the link for the tea, I love trying new things, esp when they're free :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great samples! would you like to follow eachother?

    xx

    daniella

    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah I'm a broken record as well when it comes
    of getting freebies and such haha! Nice content
    I think c: Love that they added a Lush product!
    Also loving this La Roche brand!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow those are some great products you received in that box! I've never heard of it, but I'd love to try some of the La Roche-Posay products as I've heard SO many good things. Thank you for following my blog, lovely. Following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never subscribed to beauty boxes but this one is lovely, you actually got load of great products! xx

    http://ferdies-place.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree; I always expect to have both shampoo AND conditioner! Sending one makes me feel like something is missing haha~ Looks like a lot of awesome products this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't mind red nails but I have a few already and I'm sure everyone does. Would have been great to receive something different.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know right, I never knew Lush would have such an expensive product. I think Lush add parabens in their products to prevent growth of microbes as they use a lot of natural ingredients :S

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, a huge improvement from previous months. Sadly my subscription ended but I'm hoping their FaB boxes are good considering they're $35.


    & no problem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. No worries, hope you like your August box!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would have loved to receive maybe a deluxe sized sample instead of the tiny samples to properly test it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh there are always testers for us to try drugstore foundations over here. I have the sample problem as you sometimes but mainly because I tend to purchase my products online since they're not available in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think dark skinlights shouldn't be too much of a problem for the summer, it's better than receiving a dark foundation! And thank you for the heads up - I absolutely hate nail polish that stains the skin :(


    & no problem! Hope you like the free tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone loves to receive freebies! :P And I absolutely love the brands they included this month. La Roche Posay is becoming very popular lately in my opinion since it's now available in Australia. I am loving their products so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lust Have It is a beauty box only available in Australia :) You should definitely try some La Roche Posay products if you ever have the opportunity as I find them really great for sensitive skin. I haven't used their products for a long time but I have been loving the samples I've been using. And thank you so much for following back! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh beauty boxes are really exciting sometimes because you don't know what to expect :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Me too! It should be a given for beauty companies to know to combine the two together or else you won't be able to see the full potential.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yay freebies! Haha I wish the boxes were more adventurous in terms of nail colours because they always tend to send generic colours like red or pink. But I love your LHI box! How much is monthly subscription?
    x Court
    www.madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)