Friday, 16 August 2013

August Bellabox - Get Active!

Last month I didn't review any of my July beauty subscription boxes as I thought it was already quite late into the month and I was quite busy. I still haven't had a proper chance to even look at what I received even now because I have so much clutter! I think this is a sign for me to cancel my subscriptions for now because I simply don't end up using everything and it's sort of a waste...

Anyways, this month's theme for Bellabox is all about getting active! I was very excited about the theme as I recently joined the gym so I was hoping there would be something relevant?

Photo of this month's product card
Wondering what I received for this month's box?


Wotnot - Facial Wipes Travel Size
5 wipe sample; 25 wipes RRP $7.95
I received the full sized wipes in the January Bellabox this year and I fell in love with them back then. I would have preferred to receive something different but I don't particularly mind. They are the softest facial wipes I have ever used, have never irritated my skin and great at removing makeup! Contains all the good natural ingredients such as aloe vera, rosehip, vitamin E and sweet almond oils!


ASAP - Ultimate Hydration
15ml sample; 50ml RRP $79
ASAP is a new brand partner of Bellabox and to introduce themselves, they provided this pretty expensive little sample of moisturiser! It claims to recover natural moisture, improve skin texture and eliminate fine lines with the help of AHA's, Vitamins A, B and C, and Antioxidants. This is a very promising moisturiser so I hope it works just as good as it sounds.

Synthesis - Certified Organic Replenish Elixir
5ml sample; 50ml RRP $150
Eeepp.. this is an even more expensive tiny little sample! The cleanser claims to freshen the skin and maintain a youthful appearance at the same time through its anti-ageing properties. It sounds similar to ASAP's moisturiser above, and it contains omega 3, 6, 7 and 9, and antioxidants.

L'oreal - Base Magique Primer
5ml sample; 15ml RRP $29.95
If you plan on wearing foundations and what not while exercising, it would be extremely important to use a good primer for your makeup to last longer through all the heat and sweat! It claims to have a light, mousse-like formula with soft powders and a matte finish to absorb sebum and reduce shine. 


Sanctuary Spa - Skin Perfecting BB Cream (Medium to Dark)
Full size; 50ml RRP $29.99
I was actually hoping to receive the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream for my oily skin. I gave this a try to see if it would match my skin tone but it's a bit dark and orange for me. Also I found it difficult to blend and looked sort of patchy and uneven in colour. I don't think I fail at blending in the bb cream that much but for now - dislike! The coverage isn't all that great either as my pores and redness were still visible.

John Frieda - Precision Foam Colour Intense After-Colour Conditioner
50ml sample; 150ml RRP $16.99
Of course after every gym or exercising session, everyone needs to shower and wash their hair! I still find it weird when beauty boxes only offer the conditioner because I would much rather prefer receiving both or just the shampoo as that's more essential. Not everyone has colour-treated hair but thankfully I do so I hope to have nice, silky hair!

Swisse - Recover Protein Bar (Choc, Banana & Cinnamon)
Full size; 30g RP $2.95
This was a gift as part of the 'Get Active!' theme. Bellabox also included one of these Swisse bars in the March edition though is was an energy one. Yay for free food?

So that's all for this month's box! I'm still not too sure about how I feel about this month's box as the majority were really tiny, expensive samples and I dislike the only full sized beauty product I received.

What did you receive in this month's Bellabox?

Hope you have a pleasant weekend! x

28 comments:

  1. I haven't really been impressed with the two boxes I have seen so far and I really hope I don't get either. Yours is much better than the other one though so if I had a choice I would go with yours. Still waiting on mine sigh...........


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame you didn't get more full sized products!



    Tara

    www.thestylerawr.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous, I'll have to wait until next week to see what's in my box. I'd like to try the primer and the conditioner, hoping I get the Maybelline BB cream. Looks like all decent sized samples to try and no sachets is a mega bonus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the look of what you got, just a shame they were all sample sizes! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm the contents don't look too bad this month but i have yet to really see a beauty box really steal my attention

    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. MyBeautyJunction17 August 2013 at 01:24

    There are quite a few products in there, but I'm most interested in the protein bar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This box looks really good to me. Definitely give that Sanctuary away to someone with the right tone!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen @YourBeautyFix17 August 2013 at 01:56

    This looks amazing! I wonder what the L'Oreal Primer is like!
    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sanctuary products so that's a bit of a disappointment. Thanks for the heads up! haha Thnks for sharing these with us. xx

    www.ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. would love to hear more about that asap hydration moisturizer!



    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice box I think and that ASAP (great name)
    sounds great c: I can't wait for your verdict!
    And yay for free food of course!
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I invite you to join my amazing Romwe Giveaway - Chance to win 3 awesome dresses! http://fashiongetsfierceblog.blogspot.pt/2013/08/romwe-giveaway-3-winners.html JOIN NOW! :) (it's Worldwide) You'll need to follow my blog on GFC to be eligible to win, but I will follow back everyone honey :)

    http://fashiongetsfierceblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That ASAP moisturizer looks wicked legit! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the best box for this month would be the one with the Maybelline bb cream :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know, I loved most of the products but it's a shame they were mostly sample sizes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess for $15 you shouldn't expect too much haha. Unless it's a more premium beauty box

    ReplyDelete
  17. The protein bar tasted yuck to me :/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I should but might decide to use it during the summer if I get a tan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is actually my first time trying Sanctuary. Maybe the bb cream will work for you but sadly the bb cream and I are probably not meant to be :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't used it yet (I have a bunch of unused moisturisers lying around) but for now this sounds most interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Indeed! Gotta love free food hehe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have you tried it? I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I didn't actually realise that BellaBox was still going. I love the theme of the box and I would love to try some Sanctuary Spa products. The John Frieda conditioner is also fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow your contents are completely different from mine! I've tried the Swisse recover bar and I coudn't finish it because it tasted so bad... I wonder how the Synthesis elixir is considering it's so expensive!
    x Court
    http://madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)