Monday, 15 July 2013

Skinfood - Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

The Black Sugar Mask is one of Skinfood's popular products or best sellers. It has been around for quite a while now so I'm sure a number of you may have heard or read reviews about this already. If you haven't, well keep reading!


I've been really curious about why this face mask is so popular and wanted to try it out. While my friend was overseas, he purchased this for me as it was on my wish list :D I have been in love with this face mask since the first time I used it.

Enriched with minerals and vitamins, this face scrub effectively exfoliates dead skin that prevents makeup application, while revitalising skin to promote smooth and glowing skin.

WHERE TO BUY: There are various online retailers you can purchase this from.
Ebay - $8.50
Koreadepart - $6.09
Tester Korea - $7.70

INGREDIENTS


PACKAGING: A simple hard plastic tub similar to the Lush face masks with English and Korean instructions. There is 100g of product and you can see how much you have left without having to open the lid as the tub is not opaque. I would have preferred a tube or something so I wouldn't have to use my fingers

FORMULA: Since the main component of this mask is sugar, it is a bit sticky and mushy to use. When I first opened my tub I actually thought it looked like a pile of poop LOL :/ It looks rock hard and thick so I was taken by surprise when I touched it and it wasn't. Although it doesn't look appealing, the scent is sort of citrusy / zesty and pleasant to smell.


DIRECTIONS & APPLICATION: After cleansing, you massage this onto a damp face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with warm water. To avoid irritation, you can add some water or toner will massaging. I don't recommend trying to apply this when your hands are wet as the sugar will just dissolve.

Using this made my skin feel reaallyyyy smooth for a couple of days. I love using it to exfoliate as the sugar granules aren't too rough on the skin and it dissolves when you massage your face. I'm not certain whether this 'brightens' the skin since I never pay attention to brightening properties and don't really care much about being whiter. 

Have you tried the Black Sugar Mask or any other wash off masks from Skinfood?

If you want to see me with the mask on click here. It looks too ugly hahaha...

7 comments:

  1. this looks great, thanks for the review! I've wanted to try this for ages but I've still got a lot of products to use before I keep buying more :P


    Kittiecosmetics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I did not know about these two shops you mentioned! I always only shop at ebay... I need to check them out!!

    www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds like such a lovely treat! I actually don't mind the look of it- reminds me of chocolate and cinnamon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fräulein Schnee15 July 2013 at 18:41

    I own the black sugar foam scrub and I really love it. This mask must be great, too!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. With Love, Tiffany16 July 2013 at 10:51

    I've used this before! This is quite a good product haha I do agree with you though, when I first opened this product I thought it looked kinda like poop too. Well, at least it doesn't smell anywhere close to it xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd really love to try this mask! Whenever I have enough money in my paypal, I always forget to buy it and buy something else instead though. ;n; Arghh. Must remember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like molasses, thick black sugar syrup. Sounds lovely, I will have to look into getting some, I love the quirky products your review!!


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)