Wednesday, 3 July 2013

June Empties

Oh dearrr, we are more than half way through the year! Unfortunately this month I didn't end up using as many products or samples as the previous months, mainly because I didn't go out for half the month and stayed at home studying. I'm guessing I won't have a July empties post either as I'd rather not waste space in my luggage on empty products LOL.

As I am writing this before my trip, by the time you read this I would probably be asleep in China right now. I'm not sure whether I will have internet access on my trip to post updates... But if I can, look out for my instagram and twitter! :)



Now lets get into a bit more detail about each product.

Avene: Cleanance Gel
What I disliked the most about this cleanser was its floral fragrance, which was a bit too overpowering for my liking. It was quite gentle on my skin; it didn't feel irritated nor did it make my face dry out (which is important in these cold conditions).
Repurchase? No, I recently received another sample...

Bed Head by TIGI: Shampoo and Conditioner
Green = Elasticate; Pink = Recharge
I enjoyed using both of these samples despite being in sachets. They made my hair really soft and both smelt soooo amazing - Elasticate smelt like apples while I don't really know how to describe Recharge. Maybe it's because the sample sizes were quite small but I didn't notice much difference using Elasticate but Recharge definitely made my hair feel softer and healthier.
Repurchase? Maybe

Circa Home: Everyday Soap - Lilac & Orchid
I got more use out of this bar of soap than any other Lush soaps! The subtle lilac scent is very soothing and the soap cleans rather well. I do find the prices to be a tad bit expensive though.
Repurchase? No

Clearasil: Vitamins & Extacts Daily Wash
This is a satchet sample but I already have a review up!
Repurchase? No

Etude House: Yogurt Peel Cleansing Foam - Super Berry Mix
I was expecting dead skin to peel off from the title but that never occurred. The cleansing foam contains small red granules to help exfoliate your skin at the same time. I didn't notice much in terms of exfoliating but the cleanser did my face feel squeaky clean and velvety soft afterwards. Also, it didn't irritate or dry out my skin even in this dry weather.
Repurchase? Maybe, so far I have too many cleansers

Mirenesse: Purify Dual Comfort Eye & Lip Makeup Remover
This make up remover smelt really nice and citrusy! It removed make up well and it didn't irritate my eyes. I did find it a bit uncomfortable to use on my lips. In addition, Mirenesse is quite expensive though I do find their products of high quality.
Repurchase? No

Natralus: Natural Paw Paw Ointment
I probably had a love / hate relationship with this mainly because I found it too oily / greasy for my liking. You would probably get more use out of this when the temperature is warmer as the ointment is less solidified and you won't be applying as much product. I don't think it moisturises my lips that well but just enough I suppose.
Repurchase? No. I already have another tube of paw paw ointment along with other lip products.

How many products did you finish using in June?

Hope you have a wonderful month ahead of you! :)

13 comments:

  1. Lilac and Orchid is definitely my favourite fragrance in this soap, I love the way it makes my whole bathroom smell. I have repurchased them because they last a long time and it's nice to have something luxurious every now and then :o)


    Have a great holiday!!


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read Paw Paw I figured it was for the hands lol.. sounds cute but greasiness sucks! The Tigi products look so interesting.. never tried it before!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. TheHappySloths3 July 2013 at 15:34

    Aw the soap packaging is cute :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sooo many Avene samples from sample boxes! I feel like I've tried the whole range and I haven't really liked anything..

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Domenica Calarco3 July 2013 at 19:55

    have an awesome trip girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Louise, I didn't know you were going to China (or that you're there now)! Where are you exactly? ^^

    Other Paw paw ointment products never match up to the original one, which I have spares and spares of! My whole family uses the product. I heard pure Vitamin E helps nourish lips way better than any other lip care product. Maybe you can purchase a Vitamin E stick in China? I think I've seen them in SASA, Mannings and Colourmix.

    Y-OONYEE [click here]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like Tigi!

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the smell of lilac & orchid! It's so gentle and calming; I haven't tried any of their other products though since I only received this from HFB.


    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paw paw ointment can be for body or lips, to prevent cracks or heal skin. The tigi shampoo and conditioner are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And the colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHA Avene is in literally every sample box... beauty subscriptions should eliminate competition by supplying brands excluding Avene

    ReplyDelete
  12. In China I'm staying in Guangzhou but I'm currently in LA now :)


    I'm currently using the Nivea lip butter and I find it pretty good to help prevent dry lips. Will definitely browse around Sasa when I see one though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)