Monday, 3 June 2013

May Empties

Can you believe it's June already? Last month I finished a small bunch of samples and I still have a number of sachet samples lying on my desk. I think it's a sign for me to cancel all my beauty subscriptions, stop online shopping, and simply finish all my full sized products first. Hopefully I can finish some full sized products this month *crosses fingers*


Here is the list of products I finished last month!

Australis - See Ya Later Nail Polish Remover
I purchased this when it was on sale for like $1-2 at Big W and it was totally worth it. Removes my nail polish easily, though glitter polishes require a bit of work..., and it really conditions my nails.
Repurchase? Already have two spare bottles!

Suigo - Ultimate Control Shampoo & Conditioner
These samples were excellent sizes (60ml) so it lasted me a while. Normally I don't care too much about my hair but I have noticed while using these that I haven't been getting split ends (I used to have HEAPS) and my hair felt a lot healthier. It made my hair softer than it did with the Redken Diamond Oil products but I still personally prefer GKMBJ.
Repurchase? Yes

Goldwell: Dualsenses Ultra Volume Gel-Conditioner

I've never tried a gel conditioner before but I didn't like this. It did give my hair some volume but I didn't feel like it conditioned my hair well. Plus my hair felt disgusting while I was blowdrying like there was residue every single time and I am pretty sure I washed my hair thoroughly.
Repurchase? No

Say It With Scent: Hand & Body Lotion - Vanilla

A light, non-greasy, fast absorbing formula which I particularly like with moisturisers. However I'm not a big fan of vanilla scented things in general.
Repurchase? No

Kerastase: Nutritive Nectar Thermique

I didn't use this product properly so that was a fail, oops :X I don't use hair treatments or masks anyways and just wanted to get rid of this.
Repurchase? No

Allegra Rhodes: Hand & Nail Cream - Ocean Mist

What stood out to me the most would have to be the scent. I don't know how to describe it but it's a combination of sandalwood, rose, and jasmine. The cream was very light and made my hands feel very smooth and moisturised. I didn't notice and difference for my nails though.
Repurchase? No

Missha: Time Revolution Immortal Youth Serum

My face looked really shiny and oily after applying this which I don't like as I have oily skin. It does make the skin feel smooth but I can't comment on its anti-ageing properties. It's slightly floral scented however, for a 50ml bottle it costs over $50!!
Repurchase? No thanks

Skinfood - Watery Berry Eye Cream
Unlike what the name suggests, the cream isn't watery although it does have a nice cooling feeling when you're applying it. The cream is supposed to give an anti-wrinkle effect however since I don't have any wrinkles I can't comment on how well it works, let alone one sachet isn't enough to really test it out.
Repurchase? Maybe in the future

Tony Moly - Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack
Sleeping masks seem to becoming a popular skincare product. This product claims to give a whitening and anti-wrinkle effect but as I said, you won't be able to notice much after one use. It had a gel-like consistency and felt really refreshing and moisturising. I didn't feel it absorbed that well onto my face even by the time I woke up since my face still felt somewhat sticky. Am I using it wrong?
Repurchase? No

Benefit: Triple Performing Facial Emulsion
I quite liked the light formula but I didn't feel it absorbed that quickly into my skin. Plus it sort of made my face feel sticky afterwards...  I find the floral scent to be a bit overpowering for me as well.
Repurchase? No

Avene: Cleanance Anti-shine Regulating Lotion Emulsion
I much preferred Avene's emulsion over Benefit because it felt more suitable for my skin. The formula is light, made my skin feel very smooth and soft with a matte finish. A full sized 40ml retails for $25 at Priceline though there are cheaper alternatives out there so I might keep my options open.
Repurchase? Maybe

28 comments:

  1. wow lucky u! i love receieving samples too! hehe :D


    ur blog is so pretty btw :)


    xx Michelle


    mich-ette.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew Nguyen3 June 2013 at 18:37

    lol See ya later. Good name and u have two spare bottles lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think with the Tony Moly sleeping pack, it is the glycerin in the ingredients that acts as a humectant and makes you feel sticky because it attracts water in the air...maybe I'm wrong, but I have the same sleeping pack full size. I also read that it is supposed to be used after all your regular skincare stuff...not sure if this is true or not, but I tried it tonight over my snail cream instead haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. asdfghgjhk. You hit pan on so many things D= I still have a whole bowl of samples to go through and my regular sized products T_T so jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of the products mentioned but might pick up the Australis nail polish remover. My nails are SO dry at the moment and keep chipping. Need a nail polish that is conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Australis Nail Polish Remover I picked up about 4 bottles for less than $2 each recently, BigW had a sale, thought I would hoard a few lol....


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  7. MyBeautyJunction3 June 2013 at 23:07

    Wow you used up a lot! I tend to put sample sizes into my already-jam-packed travel bag, so they never get used up. June is my sample-use-up month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, seeing all these used up samples gives me such gratification, haha. So weird, only a beauty blogger! P.S. Did you recently change your blog name? I like it a lot!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have so many samples i feel like ill never get through them all

    http://www.walkoffashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hate products that leave my face feeling weird afterwards. When reading your description of the emulsion, I realized that mine made my face sticky too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice empties! The Skinfood eye cream sounds interesting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently tried the Suigo Ultimate range too and love it! Really does make the hair softer and stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never heard of these products but I will have to give them a try if I see them!
    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Michelle! :) Samples are excellent to test out products before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I see... I used it after my skincare routine but I really didn't like the sticky feeling :/ Maybe it's just not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't used many of my full sized products in a while... Gonna be a while to finish anything >__<

    ReplyDelete
  17. My nails used to be ridiculously brittle back when I used to work at Boost. Now they're a lot stronger but it's not just the nail polish remover itself that's important but also the base + top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're great aren't they? I should definitely pick up a few bottles when they're on sale again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha my samples have been accumulating a lot so I thought I should used them up first. Prolong the life / usage of my full sized products!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes I did! Thank you for noticing :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel the same way too :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's the worst feeling ever especially when you're trying to sleep =.=

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I need to repurchase their products soon! The condition of my hair has been going down hill eeep.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should if you ever get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lot of these brands are quite underrated, depending on where you're from.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks! I've never really tried an eye cream before but it was interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have the tony moly dual effect sleeping pack, i really enjoy it but is the kind of product that is meant to create a film barrier to stop your skin from beying dryed out during the night, so it's not very comfortable to use since it takes like 2 hours or more to dry :x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Some of those sound like they would SMELL so good! Definitely curious, I might have to try some!

    -Hannah
    curlyandnerdy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)