Some of you requested a tutorial on how to create galaxy nails and I was planning to post a tutorial up anyways so here it is! It's super easy to create with the help of a makeup sponge and glitter top coat!
What you need:
- Makeup sponge
- Nail polish in the shades:
- Steel blue, or similar (OPI - I have a herring problem)
- Shimmery blue (Sportsgirl - Cobalt)
- Shimmery purple (Nicole by OPI - Prized Possession Purple)
- Clear glitter top coat (China Glaze - Fairy Dust; Sportsgirl - Fruit Salad)
You don't have to follow exactly what I have done. The galaxy is constantly changing so it's all about getting creative!
So lets get started :)
1. Apply your favourite base coat to protect your nails
2. Apply a coat of black for your base colour
3. Using your makeup sponge, dab on steel blue over a part of your nail
4. Dab on shimmery blue over the centre of the steel blue
5. Dab shimmery purple over the remaining area
6. Apply one coat of glitter
7. Apply your favourite top coat and viola!
And there you have it, easy peasy galaxy looking nails. You can experiment using different colours such as adding green or yellow but make sure you sponge over different areas for each nail.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful as I think it's the first tutorial I've ever posted here. Have fun! :D