Thursday, 30 May 2013

Tutorial: How to create galaxy nails


Some of you requested a tutorial on how to create galaxy nails and I was planning to post a tutorial up anyways so here it is! It's super easy to create with the help of a makeup sponge and glitter top coat!

What you need:

  • Makeup sponge
  • Nail polish in the shades:
    • Black
    • Steel blue, or similar (OPI - I have a herring problem)
    • Shimmery blue (Sportsgirl - Cobalt)
    • Shimmery purple (Nicole by OPI - Prized Possession Purple)
  • Clear glitter top coat (China Glaze - Fairy Dust; Sportsgirl - Fruit Salad)

You don't have to follow exactly what I have done. The galaxy is constantly changing so it's all about getting creative!

So lets get started :)
1. Apply your favourite base coat to protect your nails
2. Apply a coat of black for your base colour


3. Using your makeup sponge, dab on steel blue over a part of your nail


4. Dab on shimmery blue over the centre of the steel blue


5. Dab shimmery purple over the remaining area


6. Apply one coat of glitter



7. Apply your favourite top coat and viola!

And there you have it, easy peasy galaxy looking nails. You can experiment using different colours such as adding green or yellow but make sure you sponge over different areas for each nail.

I hope you found this tutorial helpful as I think it's the first tutorial I've ever posted here. Have fun! :D

20 comments:

  1. You made it all look so simple! The end result looked complicated.. Lovely tutorial! Thnks for sharing (:
    xx
    TiTi's Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried it before but it didn't came out nice, might try it again. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so simple, but I ended up getting nail polish everywhere. Ahhh! Shall attempt again and again until I make it look like yours, ahaha~


    Follow me on Twitter?
    Twitter.com/leejjune

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nails babe! I really need to try this tutorial out! ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh I am very excited to try this out (maybe this weekend?)! I remember seeing your galaxy nails in another post and I loved the way they looked haha. Thanks for the tutorial!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most gorgeous nail look that I have seen!!!! Thanks for sharing this. Too bad I don't have the colours needed for this look. I think it's time to go shopping.


    Liz
    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tutorial! I really loved your nails when you first posted it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is really simple and easy :D It only looks complicated because of the glitter hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't matter if you get it everywhere. You can just clean it up afterwards with nail polish remover and a cotton swab :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks love! Do share your results when you try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe no worries, love to see how your nails turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! Would love to see you try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg this looks so flawless o; it looks like you used a galaxy nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing! Thanks for creating such a clear tutorial, you have broken down the steps well! :) have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. those galaxy nails look amazing! thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  16. With Love, Tiffany2 June 2013 at 14:09

    This was probably the easiest and most helpful galaxy nails tutorial I've seen so far, thanks for posting this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the step-by-step is so helpful! I think the black base is perfect for this look. The end result it amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay thank you Sarah! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. If there was galaxy nail polish life would be so much easier .__.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)