Saturday, 4 May 2013

Tony Moly - Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream SPF 30 PA++

Quite a number of you lovely readers have been waiting for this post and I am so sorry I haven't had time to review this product until now. I've been meaning to review this much earlier but I never got around to taking photos and such.

So you might be wondering what is a CC cream? CC stands for Colour Control, Colour Correcting or Colour Changing and it's the next newest and biggest thing lately after the introduction of bb creams. As cc cream is still sort of a new concept, many brands will have their own variations of cc cream. You can read a more in depth post by the Muse - she is like an expert on bb and cc creams.


For the past couple of weeks I have been using Tony Moly's Pure Aura CC Cream almost daily without any problems. This is the first cc cream I've tried so I am no expert as to what to expect from a cc cream or anything to compare to besides bb creams. I purchased this for $14.30 from Koreadepart but I've seen Morning Glory selling the exact same product for over double the price!!!

[cr: Tony Moly]

The packaging is quite a plain black and white bottle spiced up with some cursive writing and stars. I love that it features a pump dispenser as it makes it more hygienic to use the product. The pump also allows for greater control as to how much product you want to use and it doesn't create any mess. Each bottle contains 50ml of product.


The consistency is a bit on the thin side though it's not runny, which could be explained by the water base 45%. Unlike normal foundations and bb creams where you can choose different shades, this only comes in one shade - white, haha! There are many tiny capsules that will change colour to adjust to your skin tone once you work the product onto your skin. For reference, I have medium-beige skin tone (NC25 ish) and not quite sure how it will work for others. The cream feels lightweight but if you were in a humid, heated environment you can definitely feel something on your face.

On numerous occasions I have worn this for over 12 hours and it has stayed put all day, which is fantastic as I use this as a foundation. The SPF 30 for sun protection and moisturising properties is excellent in general and great for lazy people who love an all in one formula and don't want to layer their face with a dozen products. I have worn this before when it was rainy, sunny, very windy and freezing cold all in one day before and it stayed put without drying out my face.

Since I have oily, my biggest worry is my face appearing very shiny / oily throughout the day but I haven't had any problems yet. The finish isn't matte nor dewy but after a long day it appears slightly dewy but not ridiculously shiny or oily which I absolutely hate and freak out about. If you do plan on wearing this for long hours I do recommend using some powder though.

In terms of coverage, it's very light so I only recommend it for those who have a blemish free face and want minimal coverage for a natural, barely there look. The cream itself won't be enough to conceal scars or panda eyes though. Tony Moly claims you can reapply to build up coverage on imperfections and it does sort of work. This cream also helps in filling your pores if you wish to use it as a primer.


I found that applying with clean fingers worked best for me as the heat from your fingers and friction helps warm up the formula (capsules in particular) to blend right onto your skin. Initially the colour may seem too light (leaves a white cast) but the colour will continue adjusting over the next few minutes and create flawless looking skin. A pea sized amount will go a very long way and enough to cover your entire face as it spreads really well.


As I have minor blemishes and some redness around my face, I found this cc cream to be perfect for me. I haven't found anything to fault about it but I think the main issue for most would be the light coverage. If you are curious about cc creams, want minimal coverage etc then I highly recommend this!

Have you tried any CC creams yet? Which CC cream will you be trying?


Thanks for reading and sorry for the extra long and delayed post!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone :)

37 comments:

  1. Matthew Nguyen4 May 2013 at 18:07

    That's good! Not having an oily face by the end of the night. That's a big winner for you, isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Olay CC cream, I really like it, comes in 3 different shades and has lots of benefits for your skin.


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You applied CC cream on the right side!!!

    When I first heard about CC cream, I really wanted to try it. But when I realised that the coverage was not high, I immediately back down. I have a lot of acne scarring and redness, so I'm sad. I'll just stick with my BB cream until they make an EE cream, since DD cream is already available! Albeit not from any Asian brands though. Either way, it looks great on your skin! Any stores here in Sydney is of course going to be charging more than online retailers. That's why I enjoy shopping in the comfort of my own home ^^~

    Y-OONYEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used any CC creams yet but I have used BB creams haha
    It seems like a good product though- especially if you've yet o find any faults! I'll definitely check into CC creams in the future. Thanks for review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered this yesterday! It looks really lovely and natural on you, I'm really excited C:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'e only recently heard of CC creams, it looks so natural!!!

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. MyBeautyJunction4 May 2013 at 23:03

    Is it on your left (viewers' right) of the face? Sorry, can't resist taking a guess. I'm iffy because they all have rather sheer coverage and I have too many blemishes to go in for anything other than heavy :( I have to google "7 free" meanwhile.

    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I first came across the CC cream in Priceline from the Maxfactor range. I was curious about it but didn't pick it up because it was quite pricey. After reading your review, I have a greater understanding as to what it is. However, I don't think its for me- I need more coverage. Been having this bad breakout on my chin for the past few months >>
    Jealous of your blemish free skin.=px

    ReplyDelete
  9. Might look more into it when I have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are correct!
    I did not know DD creams were already available but I shall start Googling about them. I think people are just coming up with random products and labelling them as whatever and making all these beneficial claims which aren't all that different... Hahah the sales assistant at Morning Glory kept questioning about where I bought my products from.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CC creams are still sort of new in the market and getting more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Hopefully you will love it just as much as I do :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe that's what I love about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Correct! I applied it on my left but appears on the right in the photo :) CC creams are more about correcting skin tones while a bb cream is more towards concealing blemishes I guess hence their names. The coverage really isn't everyone's cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen quite a number of Western brands come out with their own version of CC creams but I haven't gone near them. In my opinion, usually the Korean brands have products with amazing formula most of the time and get it right, available at an affordable price as well. Hopefully your face clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw Annabelle (a Canadian brand) has a CC powder/cream compact, I really wanted it but I just missed the sale so I didn't want to pay full price for it. But I definitely will be looking out for other CC products in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been eyeing this CC cream ever since the CC cream craze came about, never had a chance to try any CC creams yet, cause I still need to use up my BB creams first. But This looks really good for the summer. I really like the light coverage of it. I'm still deciding which I should try first, this one or the one from Etude House. :P
    thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have a lot of samples of this cc cream but i haven't had the chance to use it all over my face yet XD it seems great c:

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohh I have heard something about CC cream, but I never tried it. I have been hooked onto BB creams though so I think cc creams might be something good! I think this is perfect for summer especially since I never wear sunscreen! That spf 30 would be helpful!! haha


    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Zhouzheng Chen5 May 2013 at 08:11

    I love the effect! I can't see your pores anymore O__O but I have major acne scars so I need something with more coverage :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, great review- this sounds so promising! Love how it has a high SPF, works for oily skin, and adjusts to your skin tone. Will definitely have to look into this one further :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. ive heard lots of positive things about cc cream & it seems like such a great everyday kinda thing! definitely will look into it esp how it adjusts to your skintone cos some bb creams i find are a bit too light & grey cast for my skin :(


    M&L

    ReplyDelete
  23. great review, the product's effects looks amazing! looking forward to your upcoming reviews~!

    xoxo,
    www.whimsicalityindisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never actually seen a bb or cc cream in powder / compact form!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahh I need to finish my bb creams as well but I love this cc cream too much to go back hahaha. I read the Etude House review by the Muse and she thinks Tony Moly is a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Maybe you'll be hooked onto cc creams as well :P I never wear sunscreen either as I hate the smell and consistency. Gotta love new products for picky and lazy people like me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know right?! Maybe you should try Bio oil first to lighten up those scars or maybe some snail cream.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This cc cream sort of leaves a white cast at first but it adjusts to look very natural! :) There are some cc creams that come in different shades but I'm not sure if they'll leave a cast like bb creams.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahaha I feel like this cream was made for me as it ticks off what I normally look for in a foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is so in my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just bought a sample on eBay and I love it. I'm a 56 year old Caucasian woman with medium skin tone and wanting to scale down on the foundation. This works so well, I can actually get by without foundation. I'm still oily and this does not exacerbate it at all! I think I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am so glad you are liking this product just as much as I do! It's so versatile on different skin tones and it's simply excellent for a natural, minimal look. Thanks for sharing Marianne :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just ordered the smaller 30ml bottle on eBay and realized it says it's a 20spf. That's weird because all the other bottles of the Tony Moly Aura CC Cream say 30spf. I don't really care about the spf strength, I just hope it works as well and is essentially the same thing as the 30spf or I'll...cry. ha Either way, it really makes my skin look youthful and even toned. I wasted money on other creams then got my Tony Moly samples and am a believer! I feel like I found the fountain of youth. All these other American women will just buy what's on the shelf at the grocery store; Olay, Revlon etc. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've been browsing for Tony Moly on the internet and will be buying and trying more of their products. Figured if the CC cream works this well, the other products must too!!! Thanks for letting me ramble Louise! I'm just really excited to have finally found something I've more than satisfied with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)