Tuesday, 21 May 2013

NOTD: OPI - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I haven't abandoned my blog just yet! It's been a week since I've blogged properly but I admit I've been feeling super sluggish and stressed lately because of (1) my retarded sleeping patterns: sleeping at 5am and waking up at 2.30pm (2) I'm behind on my uni work so I'm barely passing my tests; and (3) I just handed in my 2,500 word taxation essay and it drove me literally crazy. Kudos to those who do taxes for a living; I don't know how you do it...

In the past week I've also received my new specs, monkey onsie which I purchased from Ebay, and my Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM Pancake Lens which I've been excited about.

[cr: Ebay]

[cr: ephotozine]
Now enough of my ramblings!

For the past week I haven't had time or wasn't bothered to even paint my nails, which is a first. Last night I decided to dig through my collection and picked out one of my OPI polishes that I don't think I have used before. If you haven't seen my instagram, the polish I picked out was OPI - On Her Majesty's Secret Service from their Skyfall collection and it's absolutely gorgeous!



Depending on the angle from which you're looking at, and how many coats you apply, the colour of this polish will look different. The base colour is sort of a sheer grey with blue undertones from what I remember when I applied the first coat. After the second coat, my nails appeared more bluish green. This is because the polish is packed with tonnes of various shades micro glitter. From what I can see, there are traces of blue, gold, green, purple and even pink!


As expected from OPI, the brush is excellent and the formula went on smoothly! The photos don't do any justice as to how pretty the polish looks in person. It's a perfect shade during Autumn / Winter but with a bit of glam.

What's your favourite shade to wear during the colder seasons?

Hopefully for the next three weeks I can post more regularly until my final exams kick in and before I head off to LA + Vancouver! Have a lovely week ladies!

16 comments:

  1. aww the onesie is so cuute! I love dark oxbloods and neutrals for fall/winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a lovely color!
    And Wow you are coming to Vancouver? That's awesome! The weather sure get better by then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darling, uni always find a way to do terrible things to your sleep and mental health! Receiving things in the mail always make me feel better ;)


    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog.Im ur new follower at gfc nd bloglovin.

    Say hallo to my blog nd follow me back... :)

    http://wonted-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pril del Rosario23 May 2013 at 03:16

    lovely nail polish! :)

    http://pinkposhandperky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh the pancake lens! Are you using it already on this blog post? Please do share about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With Love, Tiffany23 May 2013 at 12:40

    The onesie is so adorable! Just out of curiosity, where are you going to wear it to? Cosplay or PJs? And the nail polish is so pretty, the colors remind me of space for some reason :D

    http://withlove-tiffany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knowww! i love how the onesie also has a tail so I can flick it around hahaha. I also love wearing neutrals and dark reds as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I am, only for around 5 days so not very long :( I'm hoping for awesome weather though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more. The workload when all the assessments are due at the same time in addition to a total of about 3hrs travel time back and forth...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I am using the pancake lens in this post! :D I'm not an expert when it comes to photography but I love the aperture and bokeh!! I bought it for travelling purposes since it's not bulky and quite lightweight. The price is pretty cheap for the high quality as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually own Live and Let Die as well! Love the shade as well

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cool shade! Loving the shimmer in it. I bought OPI Live and Let Die from the Bond collection- it's a deep teal shade with gold shimmer. Can't wait to wear it when the weather cooler weather hits Canada! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the follow Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL wear it at home as PJs! It's so cute and comfortable as well with some warmth. Ohh the nail polish sort of reminds me of the sea hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)