Thursday, 9 May 2013

MUA - Artiste Collection Palette

These swatches have been long overdue! I have been meaning to swatch these palettes and share them with you but I can never seem to find the time to do so with uni in the way along with my major bad habits of procrastination. With that aside, today I will be swatching the other eyeshadow palettes that I bought from my MUA haul.

First off will be The Artist Collection Palette.


The palette features six marbled eyeshadows, two blushes, one bronzer and one highlighter. The packaging is very slim and lightweight, like every other MUA palettes, made of cheap plastic. A double ended sponge applicator is also included. Very convenient for travelling purposes and for creating a full faced look. Plus the colours are gorgeous :)

Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Magnesium stearate, Ethylhexyl palmitate, Bis-diglyceryl polyacyladpate-1, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben


Artificial light with flash
Artificial light without flash
Pistachio - A very light shimmery aqua green with a deeper aqua marbling
Mocca - Shimmery white / silver toned shade with grey marbling
Ice - A bright blue shade with a light blue marbling
Grape - My favourite shade! A metallic purple with blue marbling and hints of pink
Chocolate - A metallic bronze with light brown marbling
Cookie - The only matte shadow in the palette - a reddish brown with pink marbling

Photo taken with my phone
Pink Sparkle - A matte bright coral pink with a bit of shimmer blush
Primrose - A matte deeper pink blush though I had so much trouble swatching cause of the rough texture
Bronzed - A light to medium brown; great for contouring though it's a bit powdery but easy to work with
Shimmer Kiss - Very shimmery light pink highlight

I can't comment on the longevity of these shadows as I haven't worn them but overall it is great for what it's worth. Colour payoff is decent and the colours are gorgeous. The only downside for me would be the blushes, especially Primrose, since the colour payoff wasn't as great and the texture wasn't as smooth.

What are your thoughts on The Artiste Collection Palette?

Have a wonderful weekend lovelies!

22 comments:

  1. such a nice selection of colors for spring. you should do a look with this :)
    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MUA products! Need to pick this one up :)x

    PS! There's a giveaway on my blog atm - you could win a Daniel Wellington watch of your choice (worth £200!)

    Blog | Cocochic

    Bloglovin | http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1823055/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful palette! Love the speckled look to the eye shadows in the pan and how shimmery, pigmented and metallic they are when swatched! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The palette is beautiful and the swatches are gorgeous .

    Theres a giveaway on my blog that you should check out .

    xx

    DOLLMEUP

    ReplyDelete
  5. the quality looks pretty good c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said the same thing last time! I should really do a look when I have time and master how to apply eyeshadow haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, will check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, it's such a pretty palette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They were heavily swatched, weren't really my favourite from the palette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're pretty decent quality for the price you pay

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eyeshadows are so pretty! The marbled look is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a lovely range of colors! Bright but not that in-ur-face types.. Love it.. I wish those blushes were pigmented as they look gorgeous in the pan!
    xx
    TiTi's Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The marbled eyeshadows are so pretty! *o*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does look interesting but the marbling doesn't make much difference.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exactly, the colours are so great for the warmer seasons but somewhat versatile as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow so pretty palette ,i especially love love love Bronzed!! :)

    http://youshoulddancewithme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, great swatches, those colours are beautiful. I would use them all except the blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)