Tuesday, 14 May 2013

May Her Fashion Box - Classic

Another month has passed meaning another month of beauty / fashion boxes in the mail! The first box to arrive this month is Her Fashion Box and I must say it is such an improvement from last month. It felt more like a fashion box instead of the lame fake tan and razor.


As a thank you present for completing their feedback survey, Her Fashion Box included a bracelet in my box! I think that's how I received the Redken argan oil last month.



Now here are the goodies I received this month (if you haven't seen my instagram!):

Collar Necklace RRP $19.95
The price of this necklace sounds more reasonable than the overpriced, plain cuff last month. I love this necklace but I would have much rather preferred the trendy necklace with the gorgeous cobalt jewels.


Collar Pin RRP $14.95
I photographed these pins the wrong way but it doesn't matter. Detailed collars have been very trendy these past seasons. You can spice up your plain collared blouses by adding these pins and make it look more trendy! I think they were available in gold or silver for the classic box (don't quote me).


Leather Cuff RRP $29.95
I absolutely love the style of this cuff, simple yet chic and high end. It sort of reminds me of the Hermes leather bracelets. The size can be adjusted with the button clasp, which I don't particularly like... even on the smallest button, the cuff is a bit big on my wrist.


Batiste - Dry Shampoo RRP $9.95 (Full size)
I forgot to take a picture of this, aahhh... but everyone should know what this product is by now. I still haven't finished my sample bottle that I received from Bellabox but luckily I received a different scent - cherry!

[cr: Canadian Beauty & Spa]
Ardell - Natural Fashion Lashes RRP $8.99
Ardell - Eyelash Clear Adhesive RRP $6.99
I never use false lashes since I find them difficult to apply but for some reason I could apply these so easily! I received a natural pair, according to HFB, but I find them waaayyy too long for me. However, they flare nicely towards the outer corner. As for the glue, I don't know how it compares with other lash glues but this one is bloody adhesive.



Designer Brands - Pore Minimising Primer RRP $7.99 (12ml travel size)
The thing which makes this primer stand out would be it contains vitamin C & E, peptides, green tea, aloe vera and sericite in addition to being talc free, oil free, and non-comedogenic. This would be interesting to try.


Polished London - Milky Mocha RRP $7.99 (Full size)
I was very excited to find a nail product in my box and the fact that this neutral colour is so great for winter! It's free of toluene, formaldehyde, camphor and DBP. Great thing about this is only one coat is needed, the brush fans out nicely without streaking or pulling, and it's fast drying!


I've used China Glaze - Matte Magic topcoat on the right
So that is all for this month! I hope HFB will consistently deliver great value in their boxes because $40 for a beauty & fashion box is quite pricey and not everyone can afford it. I am glad I continued my subscription this month but I don't know whether I should continue because of my low income... help!?

Also, does anyone experience any problems reading my blog - is the font legible?

Have a wonderful week beauties!

36 comments:

  1. MyBeautyJunction14 May 2013 at 22:37

    Love the box - I adore the necklace, the full-size dry shampoo, the lovely cuff and the taupe nail polish and am curious about the primer; you must review how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh the feedback bracelet is sooo pretty. and the nail polish :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the necklace and the bracelet! They're so pretty... But I agree with you. $40 for a beauty & fashion box is kinda pricey.



    Btw.. Please check out my giveaway if you have the time (:
    http://chermaineho.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/time-for-my-first-ever-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matthew Nguyen15 May 2013 at 01:29

    The accessories are so nice. Especially your necklace! You neeed to unsuscribe from some of your boxes :P it's eating your monies away baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, that necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, the nail colour is really beautiful and I love the earrings too - very unique! Much love, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those eyelashes look so pretty on you! I really like the look of that cuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stopped my subscription, I'm just not into accessories and would have liked to see more cosmetics and discount offers as promised. I don't think it's worth the $40


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the collar pins and the cuff you got!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Great post, Louise ;)

    I followed your beautiful blog via GFC, hope you could do the same for me ;)

    I would greatly appreciate it, dear!

    Have a great day!

    4-TRENDY.COM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the accessories you got this month:) You're subscribed to so many monthly boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear :) The items you choose for your last post are so great!!
    Need to say that your blog is a good inspiration :)
    Come to see my new post, ill delighted to know your opinion :)
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I have that nail polish color and I LOVE it. I also love those pins!

    Also, your font is perfectly and very easily legible, don't worry about it!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will do when I get around to using it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I find the feedback bracelet a bit awkward to wear but love the nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah it's a bit pricey so I decided to give it the cut :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was surprised to find so many things in the box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're not earrings lol...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks! I like the lashes but I'm not used to long lashes, or falsies in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cancelled my subscription yesterday! I simply can't afford it anymore considering I'm unemployed now :( I was also looking back at the value of each item - not including the accessories the items are around $40 and they can simply slap on any price tag for their accessories. Definitely not worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww thanks Nati! That's so nice of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was actually subscribed to only two boxes! I cancelled my HFB subscription yesterday so now I am only down to one :) However next month will be another launch of a new beauty subscription box so I'll be back to two.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't choose the items but thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know, the box is a great change from the regular beauty boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's a really nice neutral colour isn't it?


    & Thanks for letting me know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. With Love, Tiffany25 June 2013 at 01:26

    Looks like a great box! I like how they not only give you beauty products but also accessories. The leather cuff is super cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the accessories you got this month:) You're subscribed to so many monthly boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow what an amazing box. I love the braclet ❤ xx


    ❤ www.MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk ❤

    ReplyDelete
  29. TheHappySloths25 June 2013 at 01:26

    That is sooo much stuff in one box :o I liked all the accessories you got!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)