Monday, 6 May 2013

April Empties

Can you believe we are already one week into May? Where has our time gone...

Throughout April I aimed to use a number of sample sachets that I've accumulated over time and I am somewhat proud that I have used up a number of them. Sadly I haven't gotten around to finishing many full sized products which is my main aim. Nevertheless I am proud and hope I use up more products in the coming months :)


Y.E.T - Nail Wrap (Over the Rainbow)
If you're wondering how these nail wraps look, you can read my post here. As much as I love cute nail art, nail wraps really aren't my thing.
Repurchase - No

Wotnot - Facial Wipes
They are the best facial wipes I have ever tried though it is a bit on the pricey side for face wipes. The rosehip and sweet almond oils leaves your skin feeling hydrated after cleansing and the cloth is so gentle on the skin. These are the first face wipes I have tried that have not given me a sort of burning sensation.
Repurchase - Already have

Simple - Facial Wipes
Finished a packet of these last month as well so I won't go into detail.
Repurchase - Maybe

Redken - Diamond Oil Shampoo, Conditioner & Deep Facets (not pictured)
Given that Redken is a well known international brand, I don't think the shampoo and conditioner were extremely impressive. I loved the deep facets hair treatment as it made my hair feel really silky smooth. However, overall the products made my hair feel really flat and not as soft as the GKMBJ shampoo and conditioner I tried.
Repurchase - No

Woolworths - Make Up Remover Pads
Average make up remover pads; don't really need to elaborate.
Repurchase - Yes


Nature Republic - Perfume de Nature Creamy Body Wash Peony
Really didn't like the scent of this body wash so that's already a no for me. From what I remember, the consistency was quite runny as well (but don't quote me on that).
Repurchase - No

Missha - Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Visible Deep Cleanser
This made my skin feel soft and smooth after cleansing and did not dry it out. If I remember correctly, it sort of foamed up quite weirdly - I wasn't used to it. However I don't have much to say since it was a one time use.
Repurchase - Maybe some samples

Missha - Flower Bouquet Cherry Blossom Fresh Cleansing Oil
I don't like using cleansing oils since I hate anything oily but I liked how this did not dry out my skin. It left my skin feeling soft and smooth, and it was great in removing make up. I disliked how the sample was a sachet as the formula was really runny.
Repurchase - Maybe

Clinique - Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturiser SPF 20
Bobbi Brown - Soothing Cleansing Oil
The Smim - Skin Density 101.0 Repair Serum
Ahhhh I don't remember how well these three samples were... Damn I hate one time use samples.

Ocean Essence - Summer Breeze Shower Gel
The scent was very refreshing and sort of fruity, which is great for summer. Nothing really stood out to me though.
Repurchase - Probably not

Benefit - Total Moisture Facial Cream
Does a great job in moisturising and it absorbs quickly into the skin without feeling greasy or anything. I find that the floral fragrance is a bit overpowering for my sensitive nose, so that's a no for me.
Repurchase - No

Benefit - It's Potent Eye Cream
Absorbs quickly into the skin and does not have the floral fragrance unlike the facial cream. However I didn't notice any difference to my dark circles after using this. Maybe I have to use this for a longer period perhaps though the reviews on MakeupAlley aren't that great.
Repurchase - No

Emergin C - Multi Fruit Cleanser
Don't remember much from using this except the colour reminded me of toffee!

U Skin Solutions - Nourishing Cleansing Milk
Initially I loved using this as it made my skin feel baby smooth however after a while it sort of burnt my skin :( Left parts of my face dry and flaky.
Repurchase - No!!!

Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat
My HG top coat - finished using a bottle last month.
Repurchase - Already have

LLang - Softening Toner
Eeeek, another product I don't really remember :(

So that's all the products I've gone through last month and hoping I can finish more (full sized) products next time. I need to reduce the amount of products I have stored!

36 comments:

  1. I've been seeing those simple wipes around a lot! I got them in the mail as a sample... It'll be interesting to try them out (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Redken but this stuff made my hair oily and that is really hard to do considering I have dry hair. I love the emerginC moisturiser, it's just sooooo expensive.

    Jac xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. MyBeautyJunction6 May 2013 at 21:57

    Well done! I hurl all the sachets I get because I once swallowed shampoo trying to open a sachet in the shower. Thanks for the warning about the Benefit skin care, though. I was thinking of ordering It's Potent. Will stick to Genefique!

    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela Soluri6 May 2013 at 21:57

    such an amazing post and layout!!
    check my blog if you want too:)
    click -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh thanks for sharing!
    I use the Missha cleansing oil and I love it~ It is really runny though so I don't understand why they put it in a sachet rather than a small bottle? That was a pretty bad move from Missha!


    http://sakurapikuseru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually find them to be quite average. Only bought them cause they were the cheapest at my drugstore hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't notice the oiliness but yeah, didn't really like it much. And I guess I won't be trying the emerginC moisturiser then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great empties! Nice that you got to test out so many samples. The Missha Super Aqua sounds super interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what D: How did that happen? I've never received shampoo in a sachet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on finish a bottle of nail polish! I have never done that before, not even with a topcoat lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post and great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sammi Darling7 May 2013 at 10:34

    I've never tried the Wotnot wipes but I've heard such great things about them I must try them out soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stocked up on Wotnot wipes and have 3 packs in my cupboard! They are so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know right? I was having difficulty using it out of the sachet because it was so runny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha sad thing is I barely remember how well they performed..

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's such a small bottle so it doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should definitely grab your hands on them if you can! They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love Wotnot wipes! If only they were a tiny bit cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh I need to try the Wotnot wipes they sound lovely! Great post hun! <3

    I am running an International Giveaway on my blog now, and I'd love it if you enter for the chance to win some YSL, Chanel and Essie products! :))

    XO,

    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the review of the samples!
    The 'Wotnot' wipes sounds delighted!
    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh. Love this post. You finished up so many products. I always have trouble finishing up old products. End up opening new ones and using those instead.
    Also I feel the same about one time use samples, can't really form an opinion after one use unless it is really good.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. With Love, Tiffany8 May 2013 at 12:44

    Ooh, nice review of all those products! I've heard great things about the Seche Vite top coat, I think I'll get it after I finish my Essie. I also checked out your entry on the Y.E.T nail wraps, they look so cute, though I can understand why applying them was difficult and annoying :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ive actually tried a few of these things too! xxxx

    Render
    Sublime

    ReplyDelete
  24. disqus_pX4DU7i7Fu9 May 2013 at 00:50

    those are really interesting items!


    Thequinoxfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. interesting!! I do the same sometimes ;))

    CHIC LE CHINE.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love samples! i have trouble finishing and using all of them though :(
    thanks for doing a quick rundown on these products!

    i needa buy new face wipes and the one you have here sounds pretty good!
    aiyeee, i can't believe it's may either! oh how time flies..........



    alex @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahh, whenever anyone points out how fast the time is going I have a quick AHHH I AM GETTING SO OLD SO FAST and then chill out. Also, what a crazy collection of samplers! What do you do with all your products?

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sometimes I forget how old I am cause I can't keep track on how fast time is going... When I am using samples, I don't end up using my products. I don't use that many products to begin with but I have a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great way to get rid of unused items!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, those Wotnot wipes are amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. They are indeed! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. They're mostly samples so it's not actually a lot. I do the same thing! Whenever I buy new products, I end up using those and forget about the old.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The Seche Vite top coat is amazing if you want dry nails fast! What I dislike about it is it gets quite thick and hard to use after a while of using it. You would have to buy another product to thin it out.

    ReplyDelete
  34. With Love, Tiffany9 May 2013 at 14:52

    Really?? That's sounds like such a hassle loool x.x Thanks for the heads up though!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Haha, yeah, I always wonder about that with people who blog about products. You can't possibly use them all to completion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)