Friday, 5 April 2013

Printstagr.am

Around two weeks ago I was reading a post by Lily on What I Heart Today and gave me an idea to decorate my boyfriend's room. As my boyfriend's wall is randomly covered with posters from music festivals, I decided to order prints of my instagram photos of us and stick them on his wall.

Though I haven't had the chance to place the photos on the wall, I wanted to share with everyone my experience with Printstagr.am! They are an instagram photo printing company based in California and there are several products available for you to select such as calendars, framed pictures, and posters.

Date ordered: 23 / 03
Order despatched: 29 / 03
Date received: 03 / 04


I ordered the miniprints which comes with 48 prints per order for $12 not including shipping. I was tossing between the squares or miniprints but eventually opted for the miniprints because they look like polaroids hahaha...

The quality of the photos are surprisingly good. They are made of a thin cardboard if I remember correctly and felt really nice, not flimsy and with a matte finish. According to the website the dimensions are 8.5cm x 5.5cm (I don't have them with me to measure). Oh and the printing quality is excellent - it didn't look grainy and the colours are true to the photos.

International shipping is a flat rate of $12 which I thought was quite hefty for these prints but I guess it balances out since they arrived after four days of being despatched. A tracking number is also provided so you don't have to worry about your parcel getting lost. I was a bit confused when I received my tracking notification as it said my parcel was being shipped from Kaohsiung, Taiwan when I thought the company is based in California. Doesn't matter though!

Overall I'm very pleased with the quality of the prints and speedy delivery. Shipping is a bit on the expensive side in my opinion but reasonable if you purchase other products as well. There are other services also available similar to Printstagr.am but it was the first thing that appeared on Google LOL.

Have you printed any of your instagram photos before? How do you like to decorate your wall?

Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

  1. So cool!!! This would be great as a birthday present or something like that! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such an adorable idea..might need to try this out. how sweet of you to get these for your bf :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is such a great idea! I'm going to get some :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. they do look like polaroids! omg these are a great gift c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those all look really cool!!! They look exactly like Polaroids to me!
    It sucks that shipping was so costly, but the items are nice so it's worth it I think.
    haha that has happened to me before. I ordered some clothes from a company I thought was in CA. too and turns out, they were in some random town in Asia lol.

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a great idea, your boyfriend must have loved it! =)

    smiley-clara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this idea. Definitely something I'll be doing just to keep some of the memories that I've snapped. Glad to hear you had such a positive experience too

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea and it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive never printed my instagram photos, but i think it'd be pretty awesome to do so~

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These mini prints are super cute. I'm going to have to steal this idea and decorate my apartment with these little photos :) Thanks for sharing!

    Loving your blog, by the way. Wanna follow each other? Let me know so I can follow you back, dear :)

    -Kim
    www.KimKardashnguyen.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute, what a creative idea <3
    They look like polaroids, I want to look into Printstagram!
    Really love your blog, definitely following ~

    XOXO
    Cherry Jade
    thebrightjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing house decorating idea! If only I had monies :(

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm this is awesome! I've been contemplating downloading instagram kekeke~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)