Sunday, 28 April 2013

Ocean Essence - Platinum Silver Face Mask

Hi lovelies!

First off I'd like to let everyone know that iHerb is having a 20% off sale on the entire collection of Real Techniques ending 1st May. Also, you can use the code "SRH847" before checkout for up to $10 off your first order for new customers. I took this opportunity to purchase their stippling brush, which has been highly raved about. Thank you Lisa from Winter Love Milk Tea for sharing this offer!

If you have read my April Lust Have It post, you would know one of the products I received was an Ocean Essence face mask. I rarely use face masks since I simply can't be bothered or don't have the time. The only face masks I've ever used by My Beauty Diary, which is a really popular Taiwanese brand for their skincare products that smell divine and look super kawaii.


My Beauty Diary - Earl Grey Tea & Macaron
[cr: Sasa]

I can't seem to find any information about this product, not even on the Ocean Essence website, therefore I don't know what are the benefits of this mask. As you would have seen the mask comes in a plastic sachet soaked in essence. I had difficulty separating the mask as it was stuck together and started to think I received half a mask. However after separating it and leaving the mask on for a good half an hour, my face felt very smooth and soft. It also left traces of really fine silver all over my face and brought back the moisture.
INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Glycerine, Algae extract, Silver, Nano-active Gold, Hyaluronic Acid, Scutellaria Extract, Licorice Flavonoids, Oat Peptide, Seaweed Polysaccharides, Vitamin C, Collogen, Allantoin, Arbutin, Sodium Erythorbate
Really fine specks of silver on the mask

If you ever plan on trying this mask on, I highly recommend you to apply it when you're not expecting guests and alone. As this is a rubber mask it looks hideous. Furthermore the mask which I received did not fit nicely around my face - the eyes were slits (seemed small for my Asian eyes), the nose was about to fall off, and it was too big for my face in general. Hence I was left with some dangly excess rubber that refused to adhere.


All in all I really liked how soft the mask made my skin feel afterwards but as I don't know anything else about it, I can't really comment. I'm no expert when it comes to face masks or skin care in general since I am a bit lazy when it comes to looking after myself... I would love to continue trying out these Ocean Essence masks to see how beneficial they are but they're a bit expensive.

Have you tried any Ocean Essence or rubber face masks? 

Have a lovely week!

18 comments:

  1. Lol, the mask looked so big on you. too big for your face hahah. Nonetheless, you looked pretty cute when you had it on haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MyBeautyJunction28 April 2013 at 22:01

    Lol not fair that you didn't put up a pic of yourself wearing it, I came especially to see that! Anyway, it's too bad you can't find the benefits. What's the Earl Grey mask like?

    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL NEVERRRR!!! The mask looked too ugly when I had it on. To be honest I don't really remember what the Earl Grey mask was like but it smelt really nice and felt refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those kind of masks just freak me out, can't stand them on my face. I would have loved to have seen you wearing it though lol.......


    Jac xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew some people would have loved to see a photo of me wearing it but sadly no... I want to save myself from embarrassment LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really interesting! I've used sheet masks in the past but I've never seen rubber ones- definitely creepy and maybe not as easy to use as sheet masks, but glad you liked the way it made your skin feel afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, this looks interesting! Like some sort of alien mask. I am going to try it lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks insanely coool !!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the convenience of using sheet masks! And at least they fit well on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty sure anyone would be able to hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. They do look a bit like a sci-fi mask don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the first person who thinks this looks cool LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Floortje van Cooten30 April 2013 at 04:44

    Nice!

    Check out my J'adore Dior giveaway!
    http://floortjeloves.blogspot.nl/2013/04/jadore-give-away.html

    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. woah rubber face masks sound kinda weird XD i don't really use face masks but i might start to b/c i'm breaking out pretty badly right now :c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting product. I love My Beauty Diary masks, but this sounds like a unique one that I should try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shopaholic lama2 May 2013 at 00:47

    Hey lovely!!! you're so stylish! love your blog!

    Would you like to follow each other with Bloglovin?

    http://shopaholiclama.blogspot.c/

    Much♥

    
Twinsladybug

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lmao, I imagine I can scare my family pretty good with this mask lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. milexblog.blogspot.co.uk6 May 2013 at 22:35

    ahhhmazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)