Thursday, 23 May 2013

Etude House - Dear My Blooming Lips

I've been meaning to review this product for a LONG time now but I never came around to it. You might not remember but I mentioned I made a second Koreadepart haul in my Magic Pole Mascara post and one of the items I bought included Etude House's Dear My Blooming Lips. When I received it I actually realised I ordered the wrong item and was supposed to order one of their Dear My Jelly Lips. I don't remember looking at the name when I bought it so I was deceived by their similar packaging! My fault though.


As I mentioned, I purchased this from Koreadepart for $8.55 not including shipping. I chose the shade OR211, which isn't one of the main or original colours from their range but there are over 24 shades available! You can also purchase this on Ebay for around $10-11 including shipping or any other retailers that stock Etude House.


[cr: belanjagapakemahal]

PACKAGING: It comes in a very pink cardboard box with Korean and English directions. Depending on which shade you purchase, I think, there are two different packaging available. The lipstick itself is made from hard plastic and looks very cute like all the other Etude House products. I find the added bow really unique and sort of princess-y as well. Embossed on the bullet is a heart with a crown, reminding me of Vera Wang's Princess perfumes, .





SCENT AND TEXTURE: This lipstick is artificially scented like peaches to match the coral shade I chose. It's not overpowering but you can slightly notice it after applying it on your lips if you pay attention. What I like most about this is it's very smooth and creamy to apply. It has a creamy finish without any shimmer and also feels very moisturising on the lips!

SWATCHES: Since I originally thought I was ordering the jelly lips, the colour would have been quite sheer. Luckily, for a lipstick, the colour payoff was excellent. It's a nice pastel coral with an orange undertone but I personally don't think the colour suits me. However I HIGHLY recommend exfoliating your lips before applying as it really highlights cracks and fine lines. From my swatches, I don't find the colour true to image as the original image appears more orange while mine is more pale.


L: Bare Lips, R: OR211

LONGEVITY: I personally don't think the lasting power is that great if you're eating & drinking a lot. However if you're just wearing it out for some colour, or maybe a light meal then it will last you for a couple of hours.

Have you tried any shades from the Dear My Blooming Lips range?

TGIF tomorrow! Have a lovely weekend beauties :)

24 comments:

  1. MyBeautyJunction23 May 2013 at 20:25

    You seem to revel in making me jealous with all the Etude House-that-won't-ship-overseas products! Lovely packaging as usual, and they have some pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks different from the color chart.. I love how it looks in real.. suits ur skintone well.. I need one of these lipsticks as well! too cute!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks less orange on your lips! It's quite a pretty colour - but I think it'd be too light for my skin tone.

    I have 3 of these, and I notice that the palest shade looks awful if I have dry or flakey lips - while the deeper shades don't highlight the cracks/lip lines as much. I've also read in other reviews that the paler colours tend to be the least flattering on dry lips, which is kind of interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! That packaging is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweetie the color looks like a soft and sweet coral on your lips!
    xoxo


    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, can't beat Etude House's packaging and this shade is so pretty! Great that the formula sounds nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color's so pretty! Really suits you!!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review. The colour looks really great on you (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color looks great on you! *o* I'm not really a fan of orange lip products but this shade is just so pretty. :D

    ♔ Fashion Giveaway ♔
    ♔ CC Cream Giveaway ♔
    ♔ Marxie ♔

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this color! somehow, i like it more than the color it's supposed to be XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. No worries, thanks for reading! Haha it's definitely hard to choose from the wide selection available. It doesn't hurt to buy a few different shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha buy them off Ebay or Koreadepart, or any other online retailers that stock Etude House!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, it's a shame it doesn't match the chart :( The shade actually doesn't suit my skin tone... it's too pale >_<

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's actually too light for my skin tone in person, which is why I haven't been wearing this lipstick and delaying the review.


    And that is so true about paler shades being less flattering! I tried this on when my lips were a bit dry and even my boyfriend pointed out it highlighted the dryness so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know, it's so girly! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha Etude House always has one of the cutest and unique packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Jessica! It's actually a bit pale on me in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww thanks Marxie! I actually find coral shades quite flattering on Asians, just as long as it's not pale.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Lisa! Haha really? I think the original colour would be more flattering though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colour is so pretty! I think the colour suits you! Love the pink packging.
    Seems like a pain to wear though..since it highlights the imperfections.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fräulein Schnee25 June 2013 at 01:26

    I've always loved the design of the "dear my blooming lips" lipstips from Etude House. But everytime I want to order one of them I'm not certain for which color I should decide :D Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Matthew Nguyen25 June 2013 at 01:26

    The color looks abit different when you put it on lol. I like your lips :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)