Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Australis - Pout Paste

Ever since reading Tram from Beauty with the Beautifool's post on this lip product I immediately knew I wanted to try them. They have been labelled as dupes of the OCC Lip Tars and seeing as I've never tried them before and they're raved about so much, I decided to purchase these to see what the hype is about.

If you're like me and wondering what a lip tar / pout paste is, here is your answer: it's not solid and creamy like a lipstick and yet too pigmented to be a lipgloss. If a lipstick and lipgloss were to have an offspring, this would be their child. Richly pigmented like a lipstick but applies and feels like a lipgloss. The technical name for such a product is "glossy stain"... I think.


Australis currently offers the pout paste in three different shades: Love Bites, Berry Nice Kiss, and Pash Me Pink. I purchased the latter two since I don't have amazing pearly white teeth to match with red lips. Regardless I am in love with the two shades I picked up from Priceline which are available for $12.95.

The packaging is a very simple plastic tube similar to the OCC Lip Tars. You apply the product in the same way with the provided sponge applicator which helps with application for a cleaner, more defined look.


As you can see the gloss is jam packed with colour from the swatches and look so gorgeous.

Left: Berry Nice Kiss, Right: Pash Me Pink

Both pout pastes are gorgeously pigmented - Berry Nice Kiss is a deep violet shade while Pash Me Pink is a bright fuchsia. They are subtly scented and smells quite nice however I don't know how to describe it as I am terrible at scents.

Normally I am not a fan of lipgloss as I find them too glossy and sticky but I love these! It's a bit sticky but very tolerable and not overly glossy. If you love glossy lips you can build up the glossiness as well as the colour.

Downside to these are they bleed and transfer easily so you would need to be careful whilst applying and reapply when needed. Luckily they don't dry out my lips although my lips don't feel entirely moisturised either.

Left: Berry Nice Kiss, Right: Pash Me Pink

After trying this, I would really love to grab my hands on the OCC Lip Tars and see how they compare. These are definitely one of my new favourite lip products so to my Australian readers who have been hesitating to purchase these pout pastes, go buy them now!

Have you tried OCC Lip Tars before? What are your favourite glossy stains?

Remember, my giveaway is ending in a week! Also I've been wanting to change my blog layout for some time so I would love it if you could recommend me any great designers or help me out. Thank you! :)

19 comments:

  1. wow those are so pretty and pigmented. i'm not exactly a lip junkie so i have not tried anything like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a lip junkie either but I really wanted to try these since they're similar to the lip tars.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that this would have a doe foot applicator. I thought it would be just a squeezy tube!
    Regardless, these look great :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's what the applicator is called.... LOL oops.

      Delete
  3. Gosh, both of these shades are stunning and the texture looks great! Pash Me Pink is especially up my alley. I own a couple of Lip Tars (Strumpet and Grandma) and love them both! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shades. :) <3

    xx,
    littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, especially the second color Pash Me Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Louise for the sweet comment! I love your blog as well and I'm also following you!

    Please feel free to stop by anytime.. Hope to see your updates regularly as well!

    -Kim
    www.KimKardashnguyen.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color is fabulous!
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried lipglosses in forever! haha like you I don't really like stickiness. the colours you got look really pretty on you though!

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some nicely pigmented glosses! it looks perfect for spring!
    I am like you when you say you hate stickyness. I mean what girl enjoys having their hair in their mouth?? haha.

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! That's my biggest trouble whenever I try on lip glosses

      Delete
  10. These two colors look really gorgeous! I have yet to ever try a lip tar. =(
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the applicator on this product. I'm very tempted to by one I just have to decided what shade I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colours look great on you but did nothing for me. I couldn't get the colour to stay on :o(

    You should try those elf brushes by the way, I love the eye brushes they pack on the colour really well.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These colours look awesome on your skin tone!:)


    Makeupbylaurenox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. "If a lipstick and lipgloss were to have an offspring, this would be their child..." Haha love it!!! These look like really universal colours!!

    Love Lucee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)