Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Australis - Curved Ink Eyeliner

When Australis released their new Curved Ink Eyeliner I was very eager to buy and test it out as I was very intrigued by the interesting product design. Not only that, I am always looking for different types of eyeliners to make my life easier. The curved shape is to fit nicely between your index finger and thumb to allow for better grip and precision in achieving the perfect cat eye look. It is available at Priceline for $14.95 though I think Priceline is currently having a 20% off the Australis range.


An ergonomically designed curve grip liquid eyeliner that makes applying eyeliner mistake proof for those eyeliner beginners! Formula is quick drying and water resistant which means no smudging. Provides intense colour payoff for bond one stroke intensity and is super long wearing meaning there's no need to reapply.

DESIGN
As I am so accustomed to applying my eyeliner with a brush I found it a bit difficult and awkward to hold due to its curved shape. The shape is supposed to allow for better grip and such but I can't seem to master holding it even if my life depended on it. My index finger would always wants to stray away from the pink grip area. Applying eyeliner on my right eye was really simply but the most difficult part was trying to apply on my left eye

It features a pointy, felt tip styled brush allows for a sharp, smooth line and really helps in creating a winged / cat eye look. It also helps when you're applying liner towards the inner corner of your eye. To create a thin line you simply apply less pressure when drawing it on while adding a bit more pressure will create a thicker line.



FORMULA
If you love black eyeliners then you will definitely love the excellent colour payoff of this liner. It definitely lives up to what Australis claims as one stroke is simply enough to achieve a pitch black line. With the help of the felt tip it applies on smoothly without feathering or skipping.

I don't know what the average time for liquid liner to dry is but it still takes a few seconds to set. As I have hooded eyelids and lack of experience in applying liquid liner, I still had some transfer / smudging onto my upper eyelid right after applying. Great thing is once it is set, it does not budge unless you rub hard enough.

However the formula isn't really water resistant like it claims to be. When it is in contact with water and untouched it remains normal however as soon you as touch it, it rubs off so easily. Also if you have oily eyelids like me, then I don't recommend this. With my oily and hooded eyelids this liner ended up on my upper eyelid and could potentially give me panda eyes




LONG-WEARING POWER
I don't know how long it can potentially last for as it didn't do any justice for me. It would probably work better on a sunny, cool day but I don't really have much to comment on. While I was testing it it only lasted me around three hours... If you have less oily eyelids then this would probably last a lot longer.




Overall I'm not too pleased about Australis' Curved Ink Eyeliner as it didn't work well for me. I do like how easy it is to create a sharp cat eye look and the excellent colour intensity. However what let me down the most was its short long wearing power and the drying time as I'm quite an impatient person. I would probably give this another go when the weather is cooler and drier however I believe my $6 Etude House chocolate gel liner does a better job for less than half the price.

Have you tried the Australis Curved Ink Eyeliner yet or something similar?

Good luck for those who entered my giveaway! The winner will be announced very soon :)

9 comments:

  1. Love the revolver-like shape, but as you said, it doesn't justify the price. Wish Australis would ship worldwide, though. You people are so lucky!
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Hi lol....

    I got one with as a GWP but I haven't tried it yet.

    I love your nail polish!

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the new eyeliner by Nyx.. Weird but interesting!
    xx
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try the NYX curved eyeliner for a while now, and now since this has come out I want to try it too!
    Such a shame it didn't work out for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting.... iuno, i feel like its just too gimmicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds of the NYX one, which I've heard many good things about that one. However, this Australis one is getting some not so stellar reviews. Too bad it didn't work that well on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It actually looks quite awkward to hold. I am really loving the Sleek Dip-It eyeliners these days. The physician's formula eye booster eyeliner is also really good in terms of colour intensity and smudge-proofness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review! This seems super unique, which is intriguing, but I think the bulky design would bother me and clutter my makeup kit. Interesting idea, though! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shape :9 Looks comfortable to hold :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)