Friday, 26 April 2013

April 2013 - Lust Have It

Hey ladies! How are you doing? If you haven't noticed I made some adjustments to my layout while I was fiddling around with the width. One thing led to another, then BAM... I ended up changing pretty much everything. Any feedback would be very much appreciated :) I'm not sure if it's a glitch but I've noticed there are some people who are still able to comment using Blogger while I installed Disqus??? Can someone please tell me how you're doing that, thanks.


Once again I am a bit delayed in sharing my monthly Lust Have It box. The postie carded my parcel on Monday but I wasn't able to pick it up until today - I hate having to pick up my parcels, why can't the postie just buzz my number and deliver it?!

This month's box wasn't anything too spectacular but everything but one was full sized! Great thing is I will definitely end up using all the products in this box which I believe is a first. LHI had three sneak peeks on their Facebook page but I did not receive any of those products - why LHI, WHY!


So which products did I end up receiving?

Gosh Cosmetics - Mono Eye Shadow
Full size - RRP $16
I received this in the shade 010 Light Brown and I am quite surprised at how expensive this little thing is. This is a really lovely neutral colour with a hint of shimmer and satiny texture. I had some difficulty trying to swatch this as it matched my skin tone quite well so I've heavily swatched the product in the photo below.



Nude by Nature - Nude Papaw Ointment
Full size - 30g RRP $5.95
With winter coming up this is an excellent product to keep in handy to maintain moisturised lips and skin. The great thing about this papaw ointment is it's petrochemical-free! This will definitely last me quite a while considering I have so many lip balms lying around that I wish to finish first.


Goldwell - Dualsenses Ultra Volume Conditioner
75ml sample - 300ml RRP $20.95
I think if a beauty box ever decides to hand out a conditioner sample, they should give out the shampoo as well! While not everyone uses conditioner it is a essential for everyone to use shampoo. As I've complained about receiving so many shampoo and conditioner samples in the past which turned out to be great, I will give this a chance as I have not heard anything about this product.


Pink Tiger - Duri Cosmetics Nail Tools: Steel Cuticle Pusher
Full size - RRP $15.60
This is a great item for nail lovers like me however I already own a steel cuticle pusher which costs less than half the price if I remember correctly. However you can never have too many of these to create nice nails!


Ocean Essence - Platinum Silver Face Mask
One mask - RRP $9.99
My initial thought when I was holding it was "What is this ugly plastic, watery thing?". This is one of those rubbery / silicon face masks which I have never seen or used before so this will be quite interesting. There is no description on the Ocean Essence website so I have no idea what properties it has.


Is the box really worth $20? To be honest I don't know - I'm currently receiving a VIP box for previously signing up for an annual subscription so who knows which box I would have received if it wasn't for that.

Which products did you receive in this month's LHI?

[UPDATE: I believe there hasn't been a distinction from VIP boxes and other variations this month. There were other boxes that seemed more worthy in value or better products, which doesn't justify the VIP status...]

24 comments:

  1. Mhmmm 20 bucks for all of this? I don't know either...
    Good thing that it came in full sizes c:



    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. MyBeautyJunction27 April 2013 at 00:15

    I like the blue box you got, and the Gosh shadow, but am iffy about the contents' net worth. The platinum mask... looks like props from one of those sci-fi films.
    My international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really surprised about the price of the gosh shadow over here in the uk it's around the £5 mark!


    http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/origins-face.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK the comments are working now, I wish I had received the cuticle tool instead of the $1 nail file lol..... I need a new one :o)


    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every thing is expensive in Oz from over the water lol.....


    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. If they weren't full size I would have been extremely disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't this month's box is think worth $20... and slightly annoyed that one box received both aveda, molton brown , f/s carbon mask + gosh eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate picking up my parcels from the post office too. Always such a long line there.
    Asides from the GOSH eye shadow, the other products you received this month don't look as exciting as the ones from the other ones.

    http://misschungx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Likewise! If they're going to give sneak peaks on Facebook they should at least add in one of those products in each variation since they're usually the more appealing products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I visit the post office so often the people know me there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still waiting for my box and honestly I've seen quite a few disappointing looking boxes so I'm nervous to see what I get either way I don't think this months box is anything to exciting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure what your layout was like before but it looks lovely now. :) I read so much about beauty boxes, I think I need to invest in them although it really does seem like such a hit and miss kind of thing.

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful blog dear, love it!

    Hope you can visit mine sometime :)

    xx

    www.ONTHEBRIGHTSTYLE.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you received quite nice products. Of course I don't know LHI and so I can't compare to other months :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The eye shadow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exactly! I'm pretty sure that's what they said on facebook.. let me find it... "Since you were all good Lusties & shared our photo from yesterday we are going to reveal a product from each of this months boxes."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems like they're a popular brand. I have been living under a rock :x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some of the boxes are alright but mine is one of the not so greats. Slightly annoyed at the variations this month. Let me know which products you receive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww thank you Izzy! If you want to subscribe to a beauty box, do a lot of research by reading other people's reviews. The purpose of a beauty box is to sample products you probably wouldn't normally purchase yourself, or before buying, and since there is a large customer base it's harder to cater for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha they shouldn't have added the fact that the nail file costs $1. It looks and sounds cheap for a beauty box that's $20.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh so cheap! :( Non-Australian products marked in Australia are never worth its value.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAHAHA I tried on the platinum mask and it looked ridiculous. Didn't even fit my face properly...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)