Friday, 1 March 2013

The Face Shop - Design My Eyebrows

Hey sexy ladies (and gents)!

I have something exciting (for me) that I wanted to share with everyone - I finally bought my Mac Mini that I've been wanting since last year and appeared on my February Wishlist post (here). I already own a Macbook Pro 13" and adjusting to my desktop monitor is a bit weird for me because everything is bigger! If anyone ever plans to buy a Mac Mini, please note that it does NOT come with a cd/dvd drive and if you plan on webcamming be sure your webcam has a built in mic without the microphone cord as the Mac Mini does not have a microphone line. Also, double check that your monitor uses DVI (male end) as the box only provides you with a really short HDMI to DVI adaptor (female end) or else you have to buy an extension cable with the right ends... I've learnt my lesson.


Besides that, I'm starting uni next Tuesday so I won't have that much time to post as much as I would love to so please don't forget about me!

Yesterday I purchased a Design My Eyebrows eyebrow pencil from The Face Shop while I was in the city. The only eyebrow pencil I've ever tried is the e.l.f Studio Eyebrow Lifter & Filler which is very creamy and dark and I struggle with it sometimes as I have Asian eyebrows - light and sparse. Whenever I fill in my eyebrows it looked too dark or maybe I'm not used to seeing myself with eyebrows haha. In the past I never really cared about my eyebrows but I must say, your eyebrows are so important in framing your face.

A smart triangular automatic eyebrow pencil that you can adjust the angle to make the inner eyebrows thick and the outer part thin. A smart triangular automatic eyebrow pencil that you can adjust the angle to create any shape you want. A more modern and simple design 

  • A trendy design that can appeal to young consumers
  • New formula that suits the new market and make up trend 
  • Soft texture that completely adheres to the eyebrow and powerful long lasting abilities
  • A triangular shaped pencil for easier application
This is a double ended eyebrow pencil - a spooly brush at one end and the pencil at the other. I don't understand the moustache design but that's what makes the packaging cute I guess.


There's nothing special about the spooly brush so I didn't take a picture. The pencil is shaped in a very thin isosceles triangle instead of a normal pointed pencil. I find that with this provides greater coverage and easier to create lines, similar to filling your eyebrows with an angled liner brush.

The special thing about Korean eyebrow pencils is it's pigmentation - when you first swatch it it's not very pigmented at all but this allows you to build up to however dark you want your eyebrows! I absolutely love this as it gives me greater control as to how light or dark I want my eyebrows to be as well as how I want to draw/fill them in so no more funny eyebrows!


When I say I have light and sparse eyebrows, I mean I have really light and sparse eyebrows. If you were to look at my photos on Facebook, most of the time you will only see half my eyebrows hahaha.


I love this eyebrow pencil! I bought this in the shade 02 Dark Brown and there are four other shades available: 01 Gray Brown, 03 Black Brown, 04 Brown, 05 Dark Gray. However I don't think I would purchase this again in store as it retails for $7.90 and I'm pretty sure I can purchase this for less. I would probably purchase this again if this runs out unless I find a better alternative.

Have you tried any Korean eyebrow products? What other eyebrow pencils do you recommend? :)
TGIF and enjoy your weekend!

15 comments:

  1. The pencil looks great! I've been using this light brown Japanese eyebrow pencil (that is unbranded) because I dyed my hair, but now my roots are showing so I can't use it anymore.

    This pencil looks great! I might just get this since I've been on the hunt for a new one for a while.

    Thank you for the review!

    Y-OONYEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could let your roots grow out and have the ombre look! That's what I did with my hair :) And no worries!

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a great time at uni! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Absolutely dreading it though

      Delete
  3. i wanna learn how to draw eyebrows this lovelyly~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe check out some Youtube videos! Frmheadtotoe and Michelle Phan have some great videos :)

      Delete
  4. I never get to draw on my eyebrows because its so full. haha. cute blog!


    want to follow each other? :) followed u already!

    xx,
    http://littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I wish I had fuller eyebrows

      Delete
  5. Ooh this pencil looks and sounds quite good. I use brow powder instead of pencils because I find that powder makes your eyebrows look less harsh and more natural :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about pencils... the horror with my experiences :(

      Delete
  6. Wow that eyebrow pencil thing looks really good! I'll need to try it. I use a pencil to fill in my brows but this looks really good.
    www.winstonandwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing! Really gives you greater control as to how you want to fill in your brows

      Delete
  7. love the mustache on it XD it looks like a great eyebrow pencil!

    http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. does it waterproof? whats the pros & cons? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)