Friday, 15 March 2013

Maybelline - Colour Sensation High Shine Lip Gloss

Hey lovelies! So a few days ago I received my first ever Her Fashion Box and inside I received a Maybelline Colour Sensation High Shine Lip Gloss in the shade 040 Captivating Coral. You would probably know by know that I'm not really a fan of lip gloss simply because I don't like the texture.

I find the packaging to be quite average but not cheap like those plastic tube glosses. It would have been good to include some branding so it'd be easier to identify which product you are using for future references.



The colour is a really nice orangey coral and it looks quite pigmented when I swatch it. There's a really small amount of shimmer as well though it's not very noticeable but it adds a bit of dimension. What caught my attention was the tangy, orangey scent when I opened the product. It's not a strong scent but if you like fruity, citrusy scents then you'll definitely like the smell of this.


What I love about this lip gloss is it's not as sticky in comparison to other lip glosses I've tried. However I noticed there was a very weird tingling sensation when I applied it on my lips and I find this uncomfortable. Luckily the tingling feeling went away and it's supposed make your lips look fuller. I also love how easily this went on my lips; the texture is really smooth and it really makes my lips feel moisturised.

Please excuse my horrible panda eyes

Look at how full my lips look, especially my bottom lip! The colour isn't as orange as the swatch as my lips are somewhat pigmented already but it's still a nice colour! I found that it only lasted me around 2-3 hours after eating and drinking, but definitely much longer if you're not doing anything.

So I hope you enjoyed reading my review. Have you tried any lip glosses from this range and what are your thoughts? :)

  Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Lovely colour! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh your bottom lip does look good! it definitely isnt orange at all, can you build the color up?
    I'm personally not a fan of lipglosses... dont think my lips suit the glossyness... great review though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colour looks way better on you than it does in the packaging - lovely shade!
    xo, Elien
    Dogs & dresses | blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great product! Love the color!

    Kisses,

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colour, your blog is just lovely, I'll be visiting again very soon, keep up the good work :)

    Andrea
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color looks lovely on you! I feel like a lot of plumpers do have something inside that make your lips tingle. That is probably because it plumping as it tingles!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I normally don't like lipgloss either for its texture...also because my hair gets stuck in it sometimes haha! But this looks lovely on you and your skin tone! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I just followed your blog, Please visit mine

    www.dede-moda.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colour looks amazing on you!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)