Saturday, 23 March 2013

March Bellabox and Lust Have It

Hey beautiful - this is such a delayed post but I've been so busy this week with uni and what not. Last Friday both my Bellabox and Lust Have It arrived at the same time which is a first but I wasn't able to pick them up from the post office until Monday. For this month I've decided to combine both boxes together into one post and compare my overall thoughts.

Now lets start off with Bellabox first.

This month's theme is "Delicious Beauty"for the month of Easter I'm guessing but there was nothing Easter about the box. BB claimed to have broke a "rule" by treating members with two colour products instead of one to "achieve a super sweet kind of beauty".


Ocean Essence - Summer Breeze Shower Gel
Full size - 20ml RRP $4.95
Apparently this is a luxe product and I'm quite confused as to how a 20ml shower gel can be a full sized product. How much use will you get out of it? However it is a great size for travelling. The shower gel is SLS and paraben free and excellent for those with sensitive and dry skin - great for me when it's winter.



Clinique - High Impact Lipstick SPF15 - Extreme Pink
Full size - RRP $36
I don't think the name really matches with the shade - it is pink but it has more red undertones. It has a satin finish and it's so shimmery that it looks a bit frosty. I don't like the colour of it so I would have much preferred the High Impact Mascara that some people received in their boxes.


Designer Brands - Lip Pencil
Full size - RRP $4.99
I received this lip pencil in the shade Nude and there were two other shades available: Pink and Red Hot Red. To be honest I've never used a lip pencil before and never really found the need to but I guess this will come in handy one day. Apparently the sharpener lid is a limited edition for bb members, which I do find very handy and convenient.


Suigo - Ultimate Control Shampoo & Conditioner
60ml sample - 260ml RRP $22.50 each
Suigo is a Japanese brand which I have never heard of. I don't have any comments except how many shampoo and conditioner samples do I have to receive before it is considered too much? Disappointing BB.

Swisse - Active Energy Bar
Full size - RRP $2.39 per bar
I don't have a photo of this since I ate it for breakfast while in a rush so my apologies! This was included as a bonus product and I don't recommend it for those who dislike chocolate. It does temporarily make you feel full from all the carbs...

 Now for this month's Lust Have It
As I mentioned in my previous blogpost here, LHI is increasing their monthly subscription prices to $19.95 to deliver more full sized products, provide more products from international brands, and generally improve the overall quality. I'm not too fussed about the price increase but maybe in the future as I'm going to be unemployed next week :( LHI offered a number of full sized items this month in addition to giving four vouchers.


BioElixia - BodyShaper Cellulite Contour Creme
Full size - 150ml $59
I don't have any use for this yet (I'd be quite shocked if I needed it at this age) so I don't really have anything to say. It claims to improve the appearance of cellulite by an average of over 40%.


DeLorenzo - Essential Treatments Equilibrium
30g sample - 250gm RRP $31
This is a hair mask containing organic rosehip and oat peptides and claims to restore and nourish dry, damaged hair. I don't look after my bleached hair properly so I have dry, dead split ends so I'm hoping this will restore the ends of my hair!

Skindinavia - Makeup Finishing Spray
20ml sample - 59ml RRP $29.95
I've never used a finishing spray so I'm excited to try this to see how it compares with powder. The formula is hypoallergenic and paraben free and claims to last up to 16 hours which is very promising. As I have oily skin I'm very curious as to whether this will work or make any difference.

The Natural Source - Camouflage Colour Crayons
Full size - RRP $9.99 each
These crayons are made from naturally derived pigments and can be used anywhere - eyes, face, wherever! LHI kindly gave members two different shades and I received No. 007 Blackened Brown and No.044 Blonde. They are very creamy but I'm a bit hesitant about their lasting power. Also I have a feeling these are an old batch as the barcode tag left a disgustingly sticky residue.


Ocean Essence - Gold Eye Cream
Full size - 15ml RRP $39.95
LHI and BB must love Ocean Essence. Another product for an older person which isn't suitable for me. It is an anti-ageing eye cream containing real gold to improve texture, fine lines and dark circles. I guess it's never too early to fight anti-ageing but I do believe I'm a bit young for this!


Vouchers
- Receive a free month of blades with the Dollar Shave Club
- Buy one get one free to watch Warm Bodies
- $15 off at The Iconic (min spend $59)
- 25% off giftcard on your next online purchase at Elixia
- Love heart lollipop!

And the item which LHI did not include in last month's box is...


Kerastase Paris - Nectar Thermique
10ml sample - 150ml RRP $39.95
I honestly don't understand why this little packet would be so hard to include in last month's box. Would it really have made a difference? This product is for dry to very dry hair so I don't think I would end up using it...

Overall I personally liked LHI's box more than BB. I was seriously put off by receiving another shampoo and conditioner sample in addition to adding an energy bar (random?). There was a large difference in value and I believe each box should have an equal or of similar value. I'm planning to cancel my BB subscription as I need to cut down on my expenses now that I'm unemployed and have seen no improvement lately.

What are your thoughts on this month's BB and LHI?

Once again, apologies for my absence. Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to enter my 100 followers giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. love all the makeup products! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning on ditching BB too if LHI keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already cancelled my subscription! I'm hoping BB doesn't improve their box dramatically next month making me regret cancelling haha

      Delete
  4. So jealous you got the finishing spray! I really wanted to try it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curious to know what d.o.b you use on your profile for LHI??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using my actual DOB... why would I use a different age?

      Delete
  6. Really have to try this out sooner than later!

    www.voguevandal.blogspot.com

    Would love for everyone to follow me on Bloglovin now xx

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5075789/voguevandal

    ReplyDelete
  7. guess we wont be signing up for bb then. great review

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)