Saturday, 9 March 2013

100 Followers + Nails for Autumn / Winter: Part 2

Sometime during the last few days I reached 100 followers! I just wanted to say thank you everyone for your support so far as I honestly can't believe there are actually people out there who enjoy reading what I write :) For some 100 followers might not mean much but it means so much to those just starting a new blog like me. Also, I'm feeling a bit generous after my last event so keep an eye out for the next giveaway.

Today I will be continuing with Part Two of nail shades you can wear for winter! If you haven't seen part one yet, click here! The colours featured in this post are great for those who still want their nails to be colourful. Don't always opt for the dark shades or black as a bit of colour can really make a difference to anything.




Sportsgirl - Full Moon
I don't understand why this shade is called Full Moon - the name reminds me of Twilight... This is a really nice purple with hints of really fine blue glitter. It has a slight duochrome look at some angles but not that much. It applies on really smoothly but the formula is a bit sheer although two coats is enough.


Sportsgirl - Emerald City
This is a really beautiful shimmery emerald shade but it applies a bit streaky but it's not really noticeable when you wear it. Only one coat was needed for it to be opaque thought the formula is a bit thick making it a bit hard to apply.


Sportsgirl - Cobalt
I absolutely loveee this shade! It's a really lovely and vibrant shimmery cobalt blue with some hints of purple but it's not noticeable. You need at least two coats for it to be opaque as it does run on the sheer side despite how vibrant it looks. The formula isn't thick and it's easy to apply.


OPI - OPI Ink
For those who don't know, my favourite colour is purple and this shade is absolutely gorgeous! It's a dark, shimmery purple with hints of blue or fuchsia at some angles. Like all OPI polishes, the formula is excellent though the first coat ran a bit sheer, two coats were needed to be opaque. There's also a suede version of this if anyone is interested!


OPI - You Only Live Twice
I absolutely loveee this shade - this is from the Skyfall collection and I think it's a must. It's a beautiful raspberry magenta shade with a lot of shimmer. It has some hints of fuchsia glitter at some angles. The first coat applies on quite sheer and it looks more magenta but a second coat is enough for the vibrant red looking shade. I didn't apply a top coat in this photo but look at how glossy it is!

What do you think about wearing these shades in autumn / winter? Hope you enjoyed reading this post and more swatches coming soon! I made some impulse purchases today since I work opposite a clothing store so hopefully I can show you guys soon unless you follow me on instagram :) Have a lovely weekend x

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on 100! Im 7 away from that! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Hunny that is wonderful!!

    100 followers well done :o)

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on having 100 followers :)!! love your blog :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! x
    Charlotte
    www.winstonandwillow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! :)
    I love the first and last colour!

    susievibes.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 100! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey hun
    I just found your blog and I love it!
    really nice lay out!love the variety of posts
    and your nice images!
    Check my blog if you want and maybe follow if you like it
    xoxo from Greece

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the gradation color effect in "Full Moon". Def reminds me of twilight too lol ^_^

    Joyce @carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tagged you in my new post x

    Www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co?uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color you only live twice! The skyfall collection is really pretty!! I've seen it in the stores, but I have so much polish so i didn't pick any of the colors up! haha


    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! :D
    OPI Ink looks stunning! Must add this onto my never ending OPI wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrat girl! That's really awesome and I love those nail polishes. Beautiful colors <3

    Ps: I have my 1st giveaway on my blog, hope you'll drop by :D.

    Win a Daniel Welling watch (value $199) on my blog:


    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow cobalt and you only live twice looks so pretty! But then they're all pretty!

    XOXO babyphat

    ReplyDelete
  14. OPI you only live twice is so gorgeous, I love all of these shades :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute blog hun! Love your style :)

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc? xo

    catherinebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)