Monday, 11 February 2013

NOTD: Be My Valentine

Hi beautifuls, hope you're all having a fantastic start to the new week. I want to share with everyone the look I created for Valentine's Day and hopefully inspire you as well! I actually painted my nails twice - the first time I didn't really like the look because it looked tacky and now I can't stop looking at my nails because the new look is really cute!


I'm not going to go into detail which nail polishes I used since everyone should have black/grey, red, and pink in their collection. I used my new nail art brushes that I bought off Ebay to create the look so no more dodgy toothpicks!






You can't really see from the photo but I topped off the look with China Glaze - Fairy Dust and it contains really fine holographic glitter which looks absolutely amazing. The small sparkles when it reflects against light is so pretty. Any girls who love glitter must buy this!

For the other look I created, I was trying to go for something summer-y while trying to add some Valentine's Day love. The holographic glitter is more noticeable in the photo below, probably because of the lighting but that's how it looks! 



Doesn't it look tacky?

Hope you like the look and hopefully inspires you to be creative with your nails!

25 comments:

  1. Super adorable!

    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award - see more here:

    http://www.novelave.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    I know you've already been nominated before, but I didn't realize it so you get it twice 'coz you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely!! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they both look really pretty. Did you find the nail art brushes worked well?

    Rosa
    http://glossytemptations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were alright, makes nail art easier than using a toothpick hahaha. $1 from Ebay :)

      Delete
  5. Aww the first nails are sooooo cute ! Love them

    Love Storm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute nails! I should try these for Valentine's day.

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice nailart!
    you got a lovely blog!
    Would love to follow each other!
    Just follow and leave a comment.
    I always follow back!!
    xx chloechante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh this is so simple and cute! even I could probably do this haha.

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute idea! So pretty x

    http://raincheckfortimbuktu.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually think they're both cute but I especially love the first one! So perfect for Valentine's Day.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these!
    my favourite is the first one
    but i love the colours used on the second

    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, both of these looks are great, Louise! You did a fantastic job :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thxx for the comment on my blog!
    I'm following now
    xx chloechante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi lovely blog! Yor style is unique and it inspires me so much, I was wondering: would you like following each other? Let me know <3

    Http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your NOTD, especially the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh the first NOTD is so pretty! great job :D
    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh sweetie really cute nails desing for this valentine´s Day.

    xoxo

    Aww so cute!!

    xoxo

    http://www.sakuranko.com

    (*ゝω・)ノ

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this so much! I've been meaning to do a tutorial on nails for Valentine's Day. I'm planning on squeezing one in tomorrow right before Valentine's day haha (:
    It's so adorable! Lovely post :D
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    www.cremedelachic.blogspot.com
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both look so adorable!

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  20. love these so much!:)
    Julianna, www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is realllly cute :)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)