Monday, 25 February 2013

Missha - M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF42 PA+++

Hey lovelies! I haven't finished reviewing all of the products from my Koreadepart haul so today will be another review from my haul. Everyone is probably sick of hearing bb cream by now and would have read or have already tried Missha's M Perfect BB Cream SPF42 PA+++.

Missha's bb cream is one of the most raved about product alongside Skin79's Super+ BB Cream Pink. 
The M Perfect Cover BB Cream gives an even and natural looking coverage with the soothing, moisturising properties of a cream. It is a suitable for all skin types including acne-prone skin, and can be used as a make up base or foundation.

There is 50ml worth of product in this tube which can be dispensed hygienically using the pump.


The ingredients used in this product are
Water(Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Arbutin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Dimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane, Adenosine, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Beeswax(Cera Alba), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Caviar Extract, Algae Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Ceramide 3, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance(Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol. MAY CONTAIN[+/-; Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Iron Oxides(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]
There are five shades available: No. 13 Milky Beige, No. 21 Light Beige, No. 23 Natural Beige, No. 27 Honey Beige, and No. 31 Golden Beige. I purchased this for around $11AUD in the No. 23 Natural Beige and thought it was pretty cheap for a bb cream (this retails for $32.90 in Australia so I bought it for one-third of the price!). 




I love the consistency of this bb cream as it's not thick and it can be easily blended. The colour does appear to have a greyish tone when you first pump it out but the colour oxidises a bit to match my skin tone. I find that the amount of product pumped out is enough for the whole face and you don't want to put on too much product.

Without bb cream

With bb cream

As you can see the redness around my face is reduced and my complexion is more even and whiter. The red mark on my nose bridge and scar is still visible but not as much. My pores appear smaller but when you look closely they're quite visible. I find this to have a matte finish which is great for those with oily skin however if you have dry skin or any dry patches, it might appear to be cakey or patchy. Coverage would be a medium at most.


The cream is scented but very subtly and you won't notice it unless you actually smell it.

The oil control is alright compared to other bb creams I've tried which was utter crap (Nude by Nature). I needed blotting after six hours at work on an average summer's day but worked well on drier, cooler days. However, it does last all day for me.

I really like this bb cream as it doesn't give me a grey cast compared to some Asian bb creams and it's available in more shades instead of just those one or two light shades. It evens out my complexion and lasts all day with good oil control and leaves my face feeling moisturised. For $11 it is an impressive and inexpensive bb cream and I probably love it just as much as my Bobbi Brown bb cream which costed me $60.

Have you used this bb cream by Missha before and how did you find it?

19 comments:

  1. that cream makes you look so white! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should put some on you cause you're so black! You know you want some.

      Delete
  2. Good post x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried a true asian bb cream - best i've gone is with Dior's Hydralife BB, but I was not exactly impressed. I've been curious about Missha, but may consider Dr. Jart first. I actually like the way this turned out on your skin though.

    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about Dr Jart's bb creams! Asian bb creams are wonderful whereas I find Western bb creams more like a tinted moisturiser with poor coverage. I would love to read a review if you ever purchase the Dr Jart bb cream :)

      Delete
  4. the cream looks perfect! I am a fan of Missha when I go back to Taipei I always load up on their stuff. I gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love shopping in Taipei! It's so damn cheap

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review! I typically don't wear liquid foundations or creamy anything because of my oily skin but lately I've been testing out some Skin79 BB Creams for days when I'm not wearing so much makeup. Still not sure how I feel about them though!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first tried Skin79's bb cream (pink) it left me with a really greyish white cast which I didn't like and immediately took it off haha. I didn't know anything about oxidising and such so I don't know if I'm going to try it again since it's my mum's! I personally prefer liquid/creamy products as long as they don't feel greasy or thick.

      Delete
  6. I used this BB cream years ago. I remember breaking out when using it =( I liked the effect thought, and the high spf was a super plus!

    Pluiedevelours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My face seems to be doing okay for now! Hopefully I don't break out in the future *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  7. Oh sweetie this Bb cream looks perfect on your skin,. I have a bad experience with this BB from missha. But many thanks for the review. By the way now I´m following you i hope your follow me back.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's not good! And thanks love, I'm already following you :)

      Delete
  8. Glad you're liking this! I've been using Perfect Cover for a couple years and it's my favourite BB Cream by far! Great coverage and lasts all day on my oily skin. It's great stuff! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm yet to try this one but agree; so far I find the Asian BB creams to be the best! One problem I have - regardless of brand - is that the SPF content can lead me to break out! :( I can use SPF based moisturiser under a foundation without problems, but having it contained within the foundation/BB seems to give me trouble. Have also tried using a moisturiser which is SPF free then applying the BB but same problem!

    I wonder if anyone else has had this issue and if so how they overcame it?

    Sarah (I'm on a desktop computer today so Name/URL sign in is working yahoo! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I using this bb cream too :)
    I have the shade in number 27, you have to try number 27.
    It's a bit darker and look more natural ;)

    http://stylealamy.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)