Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Liebster Award



Thank you Chrissie from +10 Kapow who was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award! I must admit I was quite surprised and confused as to what the award is. The word 'liebster' is a German word meaning favourite or dearest, and is passed on to upcoming bloggers with up to 200 followers.

I find that this award is a great way to let readers know more about the blogger. When nominated, there are a set of rules that are to be followed so here goes:
  1. You must post 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the questions set by the presenter who nominated you
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers and link them to your blog
  4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
  5. Go to their blog and let them know they've been nominated
  6. No tag backs


Eleven facts about myself
1. I enjoy listening to hardstyle, trance, and house music. If any of my Australian followers need tickets for IQON (hardstyle event) hit me up because I'm an official Q-dance Ambassador :)

2. I've already stated this in my profile but I'm addicted to online shopping. At least once a week I would make a purchase online and they're always around $100AUD. Looking at things online just seem more appealing than when I'm shopping at a store... everything's cheaper as well and it feels like Christmas when your parcel arrives!

3. I've changed my uni course two times already. I was originally doing a B Commerce / Science but I found science a bit difficult and not my thing so I decided to do B Commerce / Arts because I wanted to learn Chinese and Jap. Learning Jap was too foreign, and the Chinese faculty was absolutely sh*t. As a result, I ended up changing to plain B Commerce :(

4. I am obsessed with and absolutely looooove nail polish. I don't remember the last time my nails weren't painted and bare for an entire day.

5. I own an Xbox360 and freaking love playing Assassins Creed. Any female blogger gamers out there?!

6. I am very, VERY lightweight when it comes to alcohol. One shot of anything and I will be bright red and already feel the effects of alcohol.

7. I used to work at Boost Juice for a year therefore I can make yummy smoothies for you! ;)

8. I wear contact lenses and my eyesight is absolutely terrible, no joke. Without my contacts I am completely helpless and blind.

9. I've never been stung by a bee, jellyfish, or anything in my life and I hope I'll never be.

10. I can never get sick of chocolate, maybe unless I eat to the point where I feel bloated...

11. I LOVEEE froyo (frozen yogurt) especially biscotti and green tea flavoured froyo. Top it off with mochi, tim tams, oreo, some fruits... mmmmmm :D

Questions set by Chrissie
1. What is the first word that pops into your head?
Pizza

2. If you were a superhero, what would you be called and what superpowers would you have?
Cybersmasher LOL (I used a superhero name generator and this sounded awesome). I will smash all  internet scammers.... haha I don't know.

3. What mobile/cell phone do you have? 
I own a Samsung Galaxy S3!

4. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?
I would like to be on a tropical island somewhere warm, lying by the beach sun baking

5. What is your most coveted beauty item?
I actually don't really have one... Maybe Chanel's Le Vernis nail colour

6. Favourite food?
STEAK!

7. What 3 people (dead or alive) would you choose for your perfect dinner party?
My boyfriend, Headhunterz, and Zatox

8. What book are you reading at the moment or what have you read most recently?
The Hobbit

9. You win the lottery, what's the first thing you do?
Scream, say omg, swear, or call my boyfriend. I wouldn't know

10. What make up item do you have in your handbag?
LUSH - It started with a kiss lip balm

11. Which season of the year do you prefer and why?
I love spring because it's the end of the cold season, it's not too hot and not too cold

My Nominees
Abby @ Between Today Tomorrow
Amanda @ Thai Tales
Brooklyn @ Little Red Bow Tie
Domenica @ Voguevandal
Hannah @ Hannah Hearts
Jen @ Vibrant Beauty
Lily @ Lilipalooza
Rebekah @ Bkahg
Sarah @ Live a Little
Soph @ Soph2381
Sophie @ Belle of the Day

Questions for my nominees
1. What is your holy grail beauty product?
2. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what five items would you bring with you?
3. If you had the chance to travel 100 years into the future or 100 years into the past, which would you choose and why?
4. What is one thing you cannot live without?
5. What is the most expensive thing you own - wallet, shoes, and beauty product?
6. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
7. What is currently in your make up bag?
8. Who is your all time favourite celebrity crush?
9. What ethnicity do people often mistake you for?
10. Who/what inspires you the most and why?
11. What did you want to be when you grow up when you were a child?

Hope you guys enjoyed reading my answers!
PS. Don't forget to enter my giveaway ;)

14 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! Great post! Congrats! xx

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! I'm going to write my post for this now
    Hope you check it out,
    Much love Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sarah, going to check out your post now!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for nominating :) i will write my post about this soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! I did one of these a few weeks ago!

    I'm a new follower of your blog - I really like your layout!

    If you want to check out mine is http://thestellarskin.blogspot.co.uk/

    Looking forward to your future posts :)

    Rachel

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I will definitely check out your blog soon :)

      Delete
  5. Konnichiwa
    Domo arigatou gozaimasu!☆
    Thank you for nominating me!~ ^__^
    I was also doing Japanese for arts haha and since I haven't been practicing my Japanese is sadly fading away ;__; I'm going to start taking Korean this year
    I play video games! But but but.. Not.. 360 :(
    P.S your blog is so tidy & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. はじめまして!You're welcome :) I did Jap for a semester and I've pretty much forgotten almost everything... I've always wanted to learn Korean but my Korean phase kind of died a while ago but good luck! Hahaha maybe you should invest in a 360, it's fun!

      Delete
  6. I've written my post about this.. so check it out if you want :) xx
    http://soph2381.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!! The Hobbit is my favourite book, I am really hoping they don't ruin the movie :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)