Saturday, 9 February 2013

HAUL: Korea Depart

Hey everyone! Today I went to my post office and was ecstatic when my parcel from Koreadepart arrived. I ordered seven Korean beauty products that I wanted to try out (or more like sucked in to buying because of cute packaging). Can you guess what products I bought? :)


Date ordered: 27 / 01
Order shipped: 30 / 01
Date arrived: 08 / 02

I actually came across their site on Google as I was trying to find reviews of some Korean products and wanted to buy off Gmarket but realised this site is cheaper. I was a bit hesitant about placing my order with them due to the weird payment process and not having heard of them before (not even on Soompi) but I decided to give it a go. My experience with them so far is a positive one so hurray!

So what did I end up buying?

  • Missha - M Perfect Cover BB Cream No.23 SPF42 $11.13 (review here)
  • Skin Food - Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder $7.26
  • Secret Key - Snail + EGF Repairing Cream $4.92
  • It's Skin - Babyface Pure Lipstick in Paparazzi Pink $6.56 (review here)
  • It's Skin - Macaron Lip Balm in No.1 Strawberry $4.92 (review here)
  • Tony Moly - Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm $6.56 (review here)
  • y.e.t - Easy Funny Nail Sticker (Over The Rainbow) $5.86 (review here)

Koreadepart also added some free samples to my order which I was surprised and happy to receive:


I will have an individual review of each product I bought in later posts after I test them out.

There is a wide selection of Korean beauty products available on the website, as well as a few clothing and acessories, food, and specialty products. The company is located in Busan, Korea and ships internationally using either Registered airmail or EMS. However if you order is over 2kg, registered airmail orders will automatically be changed to EMS. Shipping costs are calculated by weight and distance - for my order, it only cost me $11.35 for shipping but it didn't state how much it weighed.

Payment Process
The payment process is a bit weird but they accept Paypal as a method of payment which is excellent! After you've placed your order, you have to log onto your Paypal account and send the total amount displayed to their account. As a precaution I would advise adding your order number in the message before you hit send so they know which order the money is for. They will send you a confirmation email once they've received the funds and start preparing your order. Once your order has been packed and weighed, an email will be sent asking you to pay for the shipping costs again through Paypal. Another confirmation email will be sent and you will receive your tracking number shortly after. If any of your products are out of stock, you will be notified in the shipping cost email and receive a refund either by deducting it from the shipping cost or returned in points for future use.

Refund and Exchange Policy
No exchanges are accepted, only returns and refunds. For change of minds, you must return the product in original condition within seven days of the process date on the order packing slip. Furthermore accompanying free gifts or products must also be returned and return shipping and handling charges are not refundable. If an item is damaged, faulty, misleading, or missing - you may receive a full refund or have the item resent via Registered mail. Items are to be returned in original condition and evidence is to be provided for reviewing.

My Experience
I love how all my products were received in original packaging and sealed. They were carefully packed in the box with bubble wrap protecting it all around. The first thing I checked when looking through them was the expiry date - some had 2012 on them but turns out it's the production/manufacturing date. The whole process was really fast and I didn't have any problems at all. I don't know what their customer service is like if you contact them, and I hope I never have to contact them with any problems. I would say the prices are a bit random - for example, my snail cream ($4.92) costs less than my nail stickers ($5.86) and I would definitely get more usage out of the cream. Also, it's great that they measure exactly the weight of your order as I've had problems with other websites where they give you an estimate which is often overestimated and you end up paying more.

Overall I had a positive experience with Korea Depart, as I've previously mentioned. I would definitely repurchase from them again in the future (unless I find a cheaper site hehe). Hope you enjoyed my review and have a lovely weekend!

11 comments:

  1. they all looks great :)
    I use missha bb cream almost everyday and cant wait your reviews about other products u got ^^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like great stuff, looking forward to the reviews x

    Www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging Korean companies do it so well!

    I love Elishacoy BB cream, you should see if you can try some. Missha are really good too. Korean BB cream is vastly superior to the bb cream we get here. I'm sounding like a BB snob!

    If I say BB one more time I'm going to start stuttering ;o)

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their packaging is always so tempting!!! I always get sucked in because of cute packaging.

      I've tried the Elishacoy Always Nuddy BB cream but it freaked me out when I first tried it because of the grey cast. Ever since then I stayed away from it. Aside from the grey cast, it was a bit light for me as well.

      I recently tried my Nude by Nature BB cream from Lust Have It and I hate it. Coverage wasn't enough for me even though I have a pretty clear face and it has poor oil control :(

      Delete
  4. Some of my favourite beauty products are from Korea. There's a BB cream from a brand called BRTC which is amazing - definitely check it out! Thanks for sharing the site, I've had to use ebay before and I'd rather use a site like that!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul ^^ And Koreadepart usually is very reliable :D
    did you use the Tony Moly Egg Balm-thing already? If yes, does it work well? I only own their Blackhead out oil, but this one doesn't work at all T^T

    www.dinosaursarejjang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! :) I have reviewed the Skin Food powder over on my site here: http://abeautifulstory.net/2012/10/14/skinfood-peach-sake-silky-finish-powder/ :)

    I look forward to reading more reviews of what you bought from this online store - the prices sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! <3
    I was wondering about the shipping costs for koreadepart. Like, that extra money you have to add to your order. What's up with that? And the lowest I can select is $100, and I totally do not want to spend all that extra money. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caroline, I don't understand what you mean by the extra money as I have never experienced that before. Looking at their website it seems that they changed their shipping / payment method. The $100 might be the prepaid shipping cost but I don't really know. Here is the page http://en.koreadepart.com/customer/shipping-cost.php but I don't know if that's going to be of any help :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. we are all suckers for cute packaging ❤(^o^)❤

    http://prettypinkobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. so did u use ems or registered mail. how long did it take to receive the deliver ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)