Saturday, 23 February 2013

February 2013 - Lust Have It

Hi everyone! How is your weekend going? I can't wait till Sunday is over so I can enjoy my short lived six day holiday (I've been spending my days at work nearly every day for the past four months of my uni holidays so I've been pretty pissed about that).

On Friday I received my Lust Have It February box but I haven't had time to collect it and post about it all because of work! Before shipping out our boxes, LHI informed us that (1) we won't be receiving the special collector's box because all the items wouldn't fit in there and (2) one item won't be in the box due to Australia Post's weight restrictions.

So here's what I received in this month's box:



Summer Tan by Mancine - Self Action Tan-Dark
Full size - 250ml RRP $29.95
I've never tried fake tan before and I don't think it is a great idea to add it in February's box as autumn is approaching in a few days. Might try this when it's spring/summer again. This is great for those who want to add a bit of colour if they're really pale or want to look tanned all year round.



Styli-Style - L3 Timeless Lipstick
Full size - RRP $19.95
I received this in Unity which is a brownish red shade with hints of shimmer. It glides onto the lips really smoothly and it's quite pigmented as well. This is a "non drying, long-lasting lipstick... as well as non-stop hi-shine!". At first I didn't like colour but it's starting to grow on me.



The Natural Source - Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquers
Full size - 12ml RRP $9.99
Another nail polish to add to my collection! I received this in Lilac but this leans more towards the blue side than purple. I would have preferred the red shade as it suits my skin tone more but I will give this a try in my next NOTD. This polish is toluene and petrochemical free and derived from sand and horsetail plant.


Lon Vitalite - C9 Moisturising Hand Masks
One pair - RRP $4.50
I received a moisturising hand mask, although the C10 Whitening hand mask was also available. I've never tried hand masks before but this claims to cleanse and detoxify so this will be interesting. I will probably do a post when I use them!


The missing item from the box is a Kerastase Paris - Nectar Thermique which was also in one of LHI's earlier boxes. I've never tried the item before but it's another haircare product so I mostly likely wouldn't end up using it. However, this will be coming in my next LHI box so I will keep an eye out.

Overall this is a so-so box for me despite receiving three full sized products. I don't really know what to say - I'm not that excited about the box nor am I that disappointed. I'm not really in a thinking mode right now since I'm half asleep haha.

What are your thoughts on this month's Lush Have It box and what did you receive?

17 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all you people who have subscription services. Haha. Great post though, I really enjoyed reading this :)
    xx, Siri
    www.SirisLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should sign up for a beauty box subscription as well then! :) Not sure if they have it in your country though but they're great for discovering new brands and products.

      Delete
  2. Oh sweetie really interesting products.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like besides different shades everyone basically received the same, I'm still waiting on mine :o(

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think everyone got the same thing in their boxes. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get yours tomorrow or some time in the coming week!

      Delete
  4. the lipstick looks like a gorgeous shade :)

    Joyce @carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try a monthly beauty box but then I realise that what if I get something I don't use? Like tanners for instance. I don't like having tanned skin and focus on trying to look at white as possible hehe.

    And most monthly boxes give hair products as well.... which I also don't like to use.

    I can never win!

    I hope Korean brands like Etude House, TonyMoly start selling monthly boxes because I would definitely sign up ^^~

    Have fun trying all those goodies x

    Y-OONYEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering that a beauty box is $15 a month and you receive products with a total value of over $50 on average, I'd say you don't have much to lose.

      If Korea had their own version of beauty boxes, they would be so cute and probably have amazing products featured. I would definitely sign up for them too!

      Delete
  6. great post wish they delivered to nz!

    http://dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. For $15 it's a great way to discover new products and sample them before actually buying. There are times when some products don't fit your needs or are quite average. What have you got to lose for $15/month?

      Delete
  8. the idea of a moisturising hand mask sounds really interesting ! looking forward to what your thoughts on this product

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a really nice collection of products, but you're right about the fake tan - annoying they didn't send you seomthing else seen as it's nearly winter for you. I'm sure it's still a great product though.
    I really enjoyed reading this post and look forward to the next :) Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! love the summer tan !!!
    your blog is nice!
    Maybe we follow each other?!
    Let me know :)

    www.YulieKendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this shade of lilac.

    xx the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    bisou :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Louise!

    What a disappointment re not being able to get the collector's box and an item missing due to post restrictions... I'm a bit confused - did they then send those items separately or did you miss out altogether?

    From what you did receive, I really like the look of the hand mask!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also thought it was a weird decision to include fake tan at the end of summer... I know that might be the time when people are starting to lose their natural tan, but it's also when we start rugging up. Great review! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)