Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Bare Minerals - Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen Mascara

A few weeks ago I was rummaging through my make up as I just bought a new storage box to chuck everything in there and I was looking at the number of mascaras I have. I always buy mascaras, use them once, hate them and they will never see the daylight again. As I was deciding what to keep and what to throw away, I was trying each mascara I had as well.

I tend to like mascaras that really lengthen my lashes and make my lashes look natural and not thick so this baby really impressed me!
Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen Mascara delivers maximum curl for dramatically long lashes with extra body and definition. Infused with an essential blend of minerals, antioxidants and natural extracts to fortify and condition lashes with no clumping, smudging or flaking. The dual-length bristle of the full curl wand pulls lashes up and back, while the long-wearing formula holds the curl in place. Lashes get instant body shaping results.


I bought a Bare Minerals 9 piece value set for $49 from Sephora (now out of stock) and this full sized mascara was included. It retails for $18 in the US and I'm not sure about Australia.


The wand is shaped like an hourglass with shorter bristles in the middle and longer bristles towards outside. This makes it easier to coat those hard to reach lashes that you always miss.

It's available in two shades: Black, and Espresso.

The formula does not contain any: parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes, petrochemicals, plthalates, GMOs, and triclosan. It has also been tested for contact lens wearers and proven to be safe!

So how well does this mascara perform?



You can see the reflection from my pupil, hahaha...

Anyways, by drawing comparisons from the photo, my lashes are noticeable longer but as for curling it's not that big of a difference but it does curl so this mascara does sort of live up to its name. Each lash is coated separately and there's no clumping, another bonus for me! It's not necessary to apply two coats but can apply two coats if you want to make your lashes appear thicker.

I haven't experienced any flaking and it doesn't smudge either. However, only thing is it is not waterproof so be careful! I've also noticed that the formula seems more wet than most mascaras that I've tried but it's not a problem.

So that's my two cents about this mascara! Have you tried it before or any other mascaras from Bare Minerals? Hope you're having an incredible week so far.

Also, please like my new Facebook page if you enjoy my blog - I would very much appreciate it!

12 comments:

  1. I've never even thought to try their mascaras, shame it's not waterproof!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this mascara looks great! Unfortunately I haven't tried anything from Bare Minerals as of yet, but hopefully soon! Btw I would love to see your make-up storage when you've finished setting it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's simply a massive A4 storage box with three tiers that I bought from Howards Storage World. Chucked everything in there, quite messy... nothing fancy :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much for your sweet comment on the MUV, Louise!
    As well as I'm absolutely not a beauty expert and happy that I can even put make up on, it seems that this mascara is making a great effect and really make your lashes looking longer.
    Kisses, Sally

    themuv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for your advice haha
    Visit me!!

    http://www.acrosstheuniverse-92.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame its not waterproof as all my mascara smudge so I have to have waterproof!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks quite light and good one for a day time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Bare Minerals' Mineral foundation but I have never really looked at other products from them before. This mascara looks nice but too bad it's not waterproof.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! It's great :) Feel free to my blog :)) Maybe, you follow my blog ? ♥ (If you like it)
    http://maryannfashionn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like a good deal. Very informative review!

    Would you like to follow each other?
    http://evamilano.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)