Monday, 28 January 2013

Snail Cream - the latest trend?

Yes, that's right - snail cream! I don't know how many of you have heard about it but it's one of the latest skincare product after the bb cream in Korea. I came across it while I was browsing through a forum (Soompi) a while back and initially I was a bit turned off by the sound of it. However after seeing photos of people with major skin improvements, it made me want to try it as well.

[cr: CNN]


So what is this 'miracle' product? The main ingredient used is the mucus excreted by snails - so yes, their slime! The thought of using their slime on your face sounds disgusting but it is heavily processed to make the cream odourless and used like a normal moisturiser. It has been proven to soothe, regenerate and heal the skin and is great for treating scars and promote anti-wrinkling. Snails have been found to be beneficial many years ago - dating back to ancient Greece to Hippocrates' time. Although snail cream has been the latest trend in Korean cosmetics, Chileans have been using snail extracts in their skincare products for the past decades.

I'm sure many of you have heard of Korean brands such as Missha, Etude House, Tony Moly, and It's Skin. They have already released their own version of snail cream, all with a different percentage of snail extract so go find whichever snail cream will be compatible for you! The claimed benefits of using this 'miracle' skincare product include:

  • Reducing the appearance of scars, blemishes, and stretch marks
  • Eliminate dead skin and promote skin regeneration
  • Increase firmness, elasticity, texture, and density of skin
Some brands claim that it gives whitening properties but I'm not too sure if it's the cream produced by the brand or the mucus itself.


I have not tried this product myself but I recently ordered Secret Key - Snail + EGF Repairing Cream. Once I receive my item I will be sure to review it and let you guys know how it is!

Have you tried snail cream before, and how was it for you? If not, will you be trying it after this?

2 comments:

  1. wow thats amazing!
    i love the sound of this.
    did you purchase it? how is it for you?

    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound amazing doesn't it? I've purchased them to try but I'm just waiting for delivery! The waiting always sucks :(

      Delete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)