Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Dress up with a blazer

Blazers are an essential item in everyone's wardrobe - it's great for job interviews, the workplace for a smart casual look, or simply going out on a normal day. It makes a big difference to your outfit; you look more mature, professional, and smart.

During the Boxing Day sales I bought a blazer from Topshop which I haven't worn yet since I've been working nearly every day and the weather doesn't agree with me wearing a blazer. Today I found the opportunity to wear it out and I absolutely love it! Top it off with a structured tote bag and you have a chic outfit.





It makes a big difference when I take away the blazer and tote bag.

Sorry if this offends you in any way or looks rude unprofessional - I was being silly

Blazer from Topshop
Graphic tee from Forever21
Jeans by Wrangler
Shoes from Zara
Watch from Fossil
Bag from Colette

I also love wearing flats because they're simple and comfortable while wearing heels makes me ridiculously tall (I'm already 170cm). While I was shopping at Zara in China, I fell in love with these pair of flats mainly because of studded spikes. You can use these as a weapon - front or back, hehe. They actually really hurt (coming from a person who has stepped on them barefoot by accident).



And here's a little selfie of me to share with you!


I'm wearing:
Pelactiv - Hydra Daily Defense Moisturiser
Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner 
Bobby Brown - Creamy Concealer 
Maybelline - The Falsies by Volum' Express
Everyday Minerals - Inferno Bloom Blush
Fresh - Sugar Lip Treatment

How do you like wearing your blazers? What is your favourite piece of clothing item? I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far. Until next time x

13 comments:

  1. Love your bag!

    lilipalooza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag and shoes! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nora and thanks for the follow! Checking your blog out now :D

      Delete
  3. Amazing blog and you look lovely! Am now following :D
    Would love a follow back :D
    icecreamandclara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Checking out your blog now :D

      Delete
  4. That's so true about blazers, I have far too many but they come in handy for so many situations!
    Love your blog and it'd be cool if we followed each other? Let me know on my blog?
    Much love, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post and blog! I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Let me know xo

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. the blazer is lovely :-)

    www.bethsmith22.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely outfit and cheers to new bloggers :) your hair is so pretty.

    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise, great outfit! I particularly love the shoes! :) ROFL at the selfie minus the blazer.

    I've been having problems commenting on "blogger" blogs on my iPad for ages (the sign in fields dont work - this isnt just your blog but all Blogger blogs I read! :( ) so today's comment & future ones will be "anonymous" from me! ;)

    Sarah @ abeautifulstory.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anonymous, I mean Sarah! Haha I will keep in mind that future anonymous are you :D But that's a weird problem you're having; have you tried a different browser?

      Delete
  9. I all the time used to read post in news papers but now as I am a user of web therefore from
    now I am using net for content, thanks to web.

    Also visit my page akrilik tezgah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)